Audit and Tax Manager
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/15/2016
END DATE 10/27/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY CBIZ and Mayer Hoffman McCann P.C. (MHM) are together ranked as one of the top ten accounting services providers in the United States. With more than 35 offices and more than 2,000 professionals, we serve the country s growing mid-market public and private businesses. MHM provides high quality audit and attest services while closely associated CBIZ provides all other accounting, tax and consulting services.
We are seeking to hire an Audit and Tax Manager for our Fairborn, Ohio office who will work as a member of the Client Services group of CBIZ in providing outstanding service to our valued clients. The ideal candidate will have at least six years of experience in both a tax and audit environment; we are seeking a true generalist. This is an opportunity for highly motivated individuals to establish their career and to position themselves for professional growth and development.
Attributes we desire in a selected candidate include: advanced technical background in both tax and audit; superior research, writing and oral communication skills; team building and mentoring qualities; and a passion for client service. As a member of our team, the candidate will proactively generate solutions for our clients; develop our professionals and assist with managing our audit and tax department, including non-technical aspects. The candidate will work intimately with clients in delivering strategic tax concepts and facilitating compliance matters.
The primary responsibilities of this position include:
* Demonstrate knowledge and experience with compilations and reviews; A&A skills will be advanced
* Responsible for preparing and reviewing federal and state tax returns for partnerships, C corporations, S corporations, and individuals
* Serve as client s trusted advisor and demonstrated knowledge of industry trends, identify client issues and conflicts; proactively communicate solution options to client and team
* Manage engagement deliverables (such as financial statements, tax returns, work papers, etc.); complete technical and strategic reviews as a member of the final engagement review team to ensure quality control standards are met; ensure on time delivery and on budget
* Demonstrate proficient technical skills for handling all client responsibilities, including knowledge of trends, industries, alternatives, etc.
* Understand the client s organization, procedures and internal policies
* Responsible for new client development in partnership with upper management; participate in client meetings, presentations and proposal development and meet individual cross serve goals
* Manage and retain multiple client relationships, engagements and special projects
* Develop overall engagement budget
* Consistently meet charge hour goals
* Responsible for billing and realization on assigned clients; explain variances
* Supervise, train and mentor staff; listen and communicate effectively
* Foster a team environment; demonstrate support of management and decisions to build a positive culture
* Participate in practice development activities that lead to the generation of new business and the opportunities for cross-serves
* Additional responsibilities as assigned
A successful candidate will have:
* Bachelor s degree in Accounting required; Master s degree in related field preferred
* 6 years of experience in public accounting or related field
* 3 year supervisory experience
* Must have active CPA certification
* Ability to manage all aspects of client engagements
* Demonstrated ability to communicate verbally and in writing throughout all levels of organization, both internally and externally
* Proficient use of applicable technology
* Must be able to travel based on client and business needs
Come grow your career with CBIZ and MHM! Visit us online at www.facebook.com/cbizmhmcareers or www.cbiz.jobs! CBIZ is an equal opportunity employer
Equal Opportunity Employer committed to employment of Females, Minorities, Persons with Disabilities and Veterans.
An E-Verify Employer
CBIZ is an equal opportunity employer and reviews applications for employment without regard to the applicant s race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, gender, marital status, military status, veteran status, sexual orientation, disability, or medical condition or any other reason prohibited by law. If you would like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, Please visit following URL for more information: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf