Auditor-in-Training - Automotive - ISO / TS 16949
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/25/2016
END DATE 1/24/2017
Orland Park, IL
JOB DESCRIPTIONCOMPANY & BUSINESS AREA DESCRIPTION
Auditor-in-Training - Automotive - ISO/TS 16949
Nationwide, USA; based out of any home office
Driven by our purpose of safeguarding life, property and the environment, DNV GL enables organisations to advance the safety and sustainability of their business. We provide classification and technical assurance along with software and independent expert advisory services to the maritime, oil & gas and energy industries. We also provide certification services to customers across a wide range of industries.
Combining leading technical and operational expertise, risk methodology and in-depth industry knowledge, DNV GL empowers our customers decisions and actions with trust and confidence. We continuously invest in research and collaborative innovation to provide customers and society with operational and technological foresight.
Originated in 1864, DNV GL operates globally in more than 100 countries with our 16,000 professionals dedicated to helping our customers make the world safer, smarter and greener.
As a world-leading certification body, we work with companies to assure the performance of their organisations, products, people, facilities and supply chains through certification, verification, assessment and training. As part of the larger DNV GL Group, our 2,000 Business Assurance employees worldwide help our customers build sustainable business performance and create stakeholder trust. We promise to be focused on your future.
With more than 70,000 certificates issued worldwide, our name evokes a strong commitment to safety, quality, and concern for the environment. For years, we have been the preferred certification partner for many Fortune 500 companies, as well as for medium and smaller businesses.
With our extensive local presence, consolidated global experience across industries and acknowledged technical competence, we are an ideal partner for companies in all sectors. We partner with our customers to help them create value while meeting the world s economic, social and environmental needs.
Through our certification, verification, assessment and training services, we assure the performance of our customers organisations, products, people, facilities, and supply chains. Working with companies in most industries, and some of the world s leading brands, in practice, we are virtually everywhere.
LOCAL UNIT & POSITION DESCRIPTION
DNV GL Business Assurance North America is seeking Auditors in Training for our Automotive service line. Selected candidates will be trained and certified as Lead Auditors in ISO9001 and ISO/TS 16949 to conduct audits for clients in the Automotive industry. This position requires extensive domestic travel and will provide new auditors with vast and varied experience conducting audits for numerous clients across the industry.
Tasks May Include
* Perform 3rd-party ISO/TS 16949 audits for North American customers
* Provide timely and accurate reviews of customer corrective action and closure
* Provide customers with timely, complete, and accurate reports of their current level of conformity / implementation of their automotive quality management system
* Maintain schedule of audit activity with automotive industry customers
* Maintain appropriate auditor credentials and pursues advancement of those credentials and other related credentials as needed
* Contribute to the growth and development of a world-class, industry-leading auditing team
* Mechanical Engineering or Electrical Engineering degree preferred
* 4 of the last 10 years of experience must be in the automotive industry working with a TS-Certified organization
* At least 2 of those years must be in a quality-related function
* Experience conducting audits (internal, supplier, etc.) preferred
* Certification as an ISO 9001 Lead Auditor preferred
* RABQSA/IATF Lead Auditor certificate or course a plus
* Willingness and ability to travel up to 100% of the time, both domestic and international
* Willingness and ability to successfully complete required certification training (continued employment contingent upon completion)
* Demonstrated proficiency in MS Excel and MS Word
* Works well in a team environment or as a team of one
* Strong written and verbal English communication skills
* We conduct pre-employment drug and background screening
Immigration-related benefits (for example, visa sponsorship) are not available for this position
Opportunities Beyond Business
Our mission is to safeguard life, property and the environment. By joining us, you will work towards our meaningful vision: to make a global impact for a safe and sustainable future. DNV GL offers a congenial working environment, competitive salaries, and an exceptional benefits package.
DNV GL is an Equal Opportunity Employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. For more information about your rights under the law, see: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf
Local employment conditions apply.
Please visit our website at www.dnvgl.com
DNV GL is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/M/F/H/V