This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/11/2016
END DATE 11/24/2016
Santa Rosa, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY First American Home Buyers Protection offers a wide range of affordable home warranty products and services to home sellers and agents. A member of the First American Family of Companies (NYSE: FAF), First American was named one of FORTUNE s 100 Best Companies to Work For in 2016. For more information, visit homewarranty.firstam.com.
Responsible for partnering with third party contractors to determine coverage and make repair/replacement decisions that meet our contractual obligation. Resolving claims accurately and expeditiously by balancing a high level of customer service and cost-effective decision making.
Respond to high call volume in a professional and efficient manner.
* Interprets and evaluates contract language as it relates to qualifying a claim for coverage.
* Analyze claim facts and gather, review, research, and document necessary information in order to determine the best course of action.
* Partner with Contractor Relations, Sales Support and Claims Resolution in claim review and decision making for accurate claim closure.
* Authorize repair/replacement claims up to $1500.
* Process cash-settlement offers, contractor dispatch requests, enforce contractor pricing agreements, purchasing of parts and equipment, and communicate claim information to homeowners.
* Adhere to established department Methods & Procedures along with call center metrics and Quality Assurance standards.
* Place contract warnings and exclusions on systems and appliances to exclude further coverage on an item.
* Perform other job duties as assigned.
* Fundamental understanding of Home Warranty polices.
* Effective listening, verbal and written communication skills.
* Proven customer service skills.
* Utilization of basic mathematical functions.
* Working knowledge of Microsoft Office and Windows based programs.
* High School Diploma or equivalent
* 1+ years of Customer Service experience.
* Plumbing, HVAC, Electrical, Appliance, Pool trade experience desirable.
* Home Warranty or Real Estate experience desirable.