Auto Center Manager in Training (ACMIT) - Centennial, CO
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/15/2016
END DATE 10/15/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONThe Auto Center Manager in Training (training period of approximately 6 - 12 months)) masters all functions within a Sears Auto Center, including sales, profitability, merchandising, customer service, staffing, safety, and local marketing initiatives.Job Duties/Responsibilities:
* Complete all assigned e-learning and facilitated courses within a 6 month period.
* Thinks and acts 'like an owner' in carrying out responsibilities. Directs and frequently coaches Assistant Auto Center Managers), Customer Service Advisors, and Technicians in order to achieve key objectives for the Center. Communicates and motivates staff as well.
* Masters the following functions through on the job learning:
* Understand individual performance metrics of sales associates (e.g., Tire Enhancement Dollars) and technicians (Productivity; Mechanical Enhancement Dollars) on a daily basis and know how to provide feedback and coaching as appropriate.
* Perform frequent walk-throughs of the Auto Center to ensure sufficient inventory, cleanliness, adherence to Core and Compliance standards, productivity, and absence of safety/loss management violations.
* Create schedules for staffing, ensuring that hours are within appropriate amounts for the projected sales, using the Manpower Planner tool.
* Assign customer vehicles to appropriate technician.
* Monitor service tickets to ensure proper documentation, completion of QSC checklist, and efficient servicing of customer automobiles.
* Diagnose and discuss repair functioning of auto systems and parts with customers and associates.
* Respond to special customer requests and complaints, resolve issues to satisfy customers, and authorizes add-ons and discounts as appropriate
* Implements Monthly Sales Plan, including merchandise resets, posting appropriate signage, etc.
* Assist in managing Auto Center staff, including hiring, evaluating performance, providing coaching/feedback, and development. Verifies that required training has been completed.
* Ensure Auto Center maintains proper merchandise and inventory levels. * Performs other duties as assignment
Requirements: * 5 years as a Mechanic or Sales Associate; 3 years managing an auto related business
* Creates and fosters a culture focused on customer service through great communication, problem solving, positive reinforcement, high staff engagement, and operational efficiency.
* Creates culture which encourages store staff to discuss issues and provide solutions (e.g. staffing, capital, inventory, customer relations).
Preferred Skills: * Automotive Service Excellence Certification
Equal Opportunity Employer / Disability / Vet.