- This company is committed to hiring veterans.
Auto Claim Service Rep
BUILD YOUR FUTURE, WHILE PROTECTING THEIRS.
You will be challenged. Rewarded. And valued for your unique experience, background and perspective.
Join a team where hard work pays off and original thinking is celebrated. As you build your future at Westfield Insurance, you will quickly learn that protecting our customer s future by delivering on our promise to help restore lives and rebuild businesses when the unexpected happens is at the heart of what we do. Building relationships and caring about people has been part of our culture since 1848. Be a part of a team that recognizes and appreciates those who take initiative, know how to elevate an idea and can innovate and seek opportunity in a changing world.
AUTO CLAIM SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE
Salary Range: $37,098 - $42,662 - $48,227
Description: Performs standard duties utilizing routine procedures on claim assignments of low complexity or of a repetitive nature. Determines coverage and investigates, analyzes, negotiates and settles claims while delivering quality customer service in a high volume work environment.
Essential Functions (not an all inclusive list):
1. Coverage/Investigation/Liability - Determines whether or not proper coverage exists for the type of claim assigned. Investigates thoroughly to obtain relevant facts concerning all aspects of the claim, such as coverage, liability, and damages, and makes decisions, where appropriate, on claim resolution.
2. Customer Service - Ensures customer service excellence. Responsible for the customer and agent experience associated with assigned claims.
3. Damages - Determines the value of the physical damage of property and/or automobiles through use of appropriate tools. Obtains all necessary documentation to support claim evaluation. Recognizes claim file exposures and escalates appropriately.
4. Communication - Maintains effective and ongoing communications with insureds, claimants, agents, attorneys, other insurance companies, representatives, vendors, and company personnel.
5. Negotiation/Settlement - Within decision making authority, negotiates timely and appropriate settlements with insureds, claimants, vendors, attorneys, and other insurance companies. Completes appropriate reports so that the current status of the claim is clearly documented at all times.
6. Reserving/Reporting - In accordance with Westfield s reserving philosophy, establishes and reviews proper reserves for each claim based upon thorough investigation, evaluation, and experience.
7. Travels occasionally in order to participate in special assignments, training, and/or travel between office locations.
1. Ability to handle casualty claims with exposure up to $10,000.
2. Demonstrate strong oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
3. Strong organizational and time management skills.
4. Efficient use various core systems, office and computer equipment and software packages (including Microsoft Office products such as Word and Excel).
5. High school diploma, GED or demonstrated commensurate experience.
6. Valid driver s license and a driving record that conforms to company standards.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
* Ability to work effectively in an office environment for 40+ hours per week (including sitting, standing and working on a computer for extended periods of time).
* Ability to communicate effectively in a collaborative work environment utilizing various technologies such as: telephone, computer, web, voice, teleconferencing, e-mail etc.
* Ability to travel as required.
Westfield offers a Total Rewards program that focuses on compensation, benefits and wellness, and includes perks like 401(k), pension plan, annual incentive, education reimbursement, flex-time, onsite fitness center and casual dress. Work-life balance, recognition, and learning and career development are all part of a rewarding career with Westfield Insurance.
To learn more about Westfield and the opportunities available, please visit us at www.westfieldinsurance.com
We are an equal opportunity employer/minority/female/disability/protected veteran.