Auto/Truck Technician 3/C, Brockton (369)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/14/2016
END DATE 10/15/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY JOB DESCRIPTION
AUTO/TRUCK TECHNICIAN 3/C, BROCKTON (369)
JOB ID 20161887 DATE POSTED 09/13/2016 Description
National Grid is seeking an Auto/Truck Technician in the Brockton area. We are a major electricity and gas delivery company with one of the largest electricity transmission and distribution systems in the Northeast.At National Grid, we power modern life. We're a diverse, progressive, responsible business that believes our shared success lies in dedicated service and a motivated company culture.
Under general supervision, the Auto/Truck Technician will be responsible for the maintenance and operation of fleet equipment.
As an Auto/Truck Technician you will perform a variety of tasks including, but not limited to:
* Diagnose troubles, perform inspections and make repairs on chassis, engines, transmissions (including both automatic and manual), drive trains, rear axles, steering mechanisms, hydraulic braking systems, suspensions, cooling systems, wheels, tires, instruments, lighting accessories and other equipment as assigned.
* Assist others in the performance of maintenance, inspections and repairs to all automotive/truck equipment owned by the company.
* Work in a safe manner, productive and cost-effective manner.
* Respond to service calls for scheduled and unscheduled repairs and preventive maintenance as assigned.
* Handle standard garage materials and chemicals, some of which are classified as hazardous under Federal and State Right to Know laws and hazardous materials guidelines, including performing weekly and monthly garage inspections.
* Accurately document work using Fleet Anywhere, or an equivalent vehicle maintenance program.
* Works alone either in the assigned shop or at other locations within the limits of the classification.
* Perform all other garage-related duties as assigned.
In order to proceed in the process, you must be able to pass pre-employment assessments, including a demonstration of job skills, background check and drug/alcohol and physical screening.
* Must have the ability to diagnose problems in automotive/truck equipment and to make the necessary repairs to return the equipment to safe and operable condition.
* Must demonstrate a thorough knowledge of general garage and machine shop practices.
* Must be familiar with the operation of diagnostic instruments and other equipment used by the department.
* Must demonstrate a responsible, thorough and a safe work ethic and sound mechanical ability.
* Must be familiar with the use and safe operation of gas welding equipment.
* Must have the ability to operate company-owned vehicles and equipment, such as trucks and forklifts.
* Must possess a working knowledge of and the ability to use a desktop computer.
* Must be able to communicate verbally and in writing in English.
* Must be able to work at heights.
* Must furnish acceptable means of off-hour contact by telephone.
Certifications & Licenses:
* Must hold the following ASE certificates within twelve (12) months of entering this classification: T-1 Gasoline Engine and T-5 Suspension. If any 3/C technician fails any test within this period, they must pass the test at the next available opportunity.
* Must be able to obtain within the first 6 months upon entrance to the classification a CDL-A license (interstate travel, restricted non-tractor trailer) with all appropriate restricted endorsements along with a valid health certificate.
NATIONAL GRID IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER THAT VALUES A BROAD DIVERSITY OF TALENT, KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE AND EXPERTISE. WE FOSTER A CULTURE OF INCLUSION THAT DRIVES EMPLOYEE ENGAGEMENT TO DELIVER SUPERIOR PERFORMANCE TO THE COMMUNITIES WE SERVE. NATIONAL GRID IS PROUD TO BE AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER. WE ENCOURAGE MINORITIES, WOMEN, INDIVIDUALS WITH DISABILITIES AND PROTECTED VETERANS TO JOIN THE NATIONAL GRID TEAM.
:Sep 13, 2016, 12:44:40 PM
:Oct 13, 2016, 11:59:00 PM