Automation Engineer - Building Automation Systems
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/9/2016
END DATE 2/16/2017
Jones Lang Lasalle
South San Francisco, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONPosition Title
Automation Engineer - Building Automation Systems
Auto Req ID
Jones Lang LaSalle is seeking an experienced, highly driven and motivated individual to serve in a role as System Owner for BAS and PLCSCADA based Automation Systems and their components. The successful candidate will represent Jones Lang LaSalle on behalf of the owner, and will be responsible for Life Cycle management of Automation platforms, components, and documentation.
* Responsible for day-to-day maintenance and troubleshooting activities, verifying efficient operation of automation systems and related equipment as well as assisting Operations Managers with building functions.
* Perform engineering studies and assessments for LRPM (Long Range Plan for Maintenance) projects. Provide engineering assessments and reports, conceptual drawings, and cost estimates.
* Act as system owner to manage and oversee all aspects of campus automation systems including administering system users and overseeing vendors with access to BAS and PLC/SCADA systems.
* Provide suggestions to optimize building system programs for efficiency, cost savings, and energy management.
* Create and implement a documentation program which includes formal change management, as-built drawing updates, network architecture, and sequences of operations. Define system boundaries and develop SOP s.
* Provide recommendations and suggest improvements to prevent deficient conditions.
* Identify, recommend, and implement changes to automation systems to improve system capacity utilization and energy efficiency.
* Oversee OEM vendor site visits and meet with teams to gather data to develop more efficient control strategies/sequences.
* Provide recommended scope of work for projects and assist in implementing approved system changes.
* Provide hands on repairs to systems. Train and coach team members in various aspects of BAS and PLC/SCADA operation, repair, and system maintenance.
* Develop a critical spare parts inventory for the system and end devices.
* Perform various quality control checks on updates performed by internal teams and external contractors; provide root cause analysis and make recommendations to remedy issues, make repairs, conduct inspections and oversee vendor contract tasks to improve systems operations.
* Provide support as needed for the calibration program. (Process control instrumentation, Life Safety and other critical devices utilized on PLC/SCADA and Building Automation Systems).
* Capital Projects: Participate in project design reviews and project commissioning planning as this relates to automation systems. Review, pre-approve and post-approve all commissioning documentation for system additions, modifications and retrofits. Where appropriate, perform system commissioning work.
* Perform thorough and detailed existing system re-commissioning throughout the campus as required, utilizing sound commissioning practices. Assist project managers and consultants in testing development, system retrofits and additions, and system operational review.
* Review system condition assessments and develop recommendations for system components. Oversee major maintenance projects for automation systems.
* Develop and/or review scope of work for vendor contracts.
* Act as system owner of a large and complex automation system servicing an extensive life science research campus, managing the evolution of the system and its components throughout the system s life cycle.
* Manage the ongoing interface of BAS and PLC/SCADA systems with the building operations team, project teams, vendors and consultants, ensuring that all work impacting any automations system is carried out under a formal change management process
* Manage ongoing system maintenance, and continuous improvement initiatives.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
* B.S. in Automation, Instrumentation, Electrical Engineering, Engineering Technology, or other related Engineering degrees.
* Minimum of 5 years as an Automation Engineer or Instrumentation Engineer or equivalent.
* Candidates must have advanced technical skills along with a solid working knowledge of Automation Platforms.
* Direct experience with regulated environments (e.g., GMP, OSHA, EPA).
* Strong HVAC and Mechanical background in the Pharmaceutical industry, preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
* Must have an in depth understanding of standards and practices developed by Regulatory agencies; UL508A, National Electrical Codes, ISA, and NFPA.
* Demonstrated expertise and proficiency in Industrial Automation Platforms (hardware and software). Allen Bradley/Rockwell products preferred.
* Demonstrated expertise and proficiency in Building Automation System platforms (AndoverContinuum preferred).
* Proficiency in the use of programming software, databases, and historians including RSLogix, FactoryTalk, Visual Basic, SQL, OSI PI.
* Duties include programming, installing, start-up, troubleshooting, and the repair of automation control systems. This work may include hands on activities, and/or the direct supervision of others.
* Demonstrated expertise in the area of field instrumentation such as temperature, pressure, and flow devices typically connected to an automation system.
* Ability to diagnose, repair, and return automation systems back to efficient operation. Must be capable of working in the field and perform troubleshooting of I/O devices.
* Will perform scheduled preventative maintenance activities.
* Knowledge of networks and Industrial protocols.
* Will support systems via remote computer access, and provide phone support to on-site operations. This support is required during business as well as non-business hours. Project support may be required during holidays.
* Ability to train and coach operations teams in order to increase their ability to work with and operate automation systems.
* Knowledge and proficiency in operation and maintenance of MS Windows based computers, MS Office applications; web based computerized maintenance management systems (CMMS), Databases, MS Visio, etc.
* Must be self-motivated with the ability to work alone, as well as with multiple teams consisting of operational staff, client managers, vendors, and contractors via on site presence, telephone, and email.
* Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
* Understanding of service level agreements and key performance indicators.
Start a lasting career with JLL today!
Total Rewards reflects JLL s investment in employees needs and preferences in Career, Recognition, Well-being, Benefits and Pay. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package. To be considered, please visit our Web site at http://www.us.jll.com/united-states/en-us/pages/careers.aspx to apply online. All resumes MUST BE submitted via our web site. Please reference Job 43684BR
Org Marketing Statement
JLL (NYSE: JLL) is a professional services and investment management firm offering specialized real estate services to clients seeking increased value by owning, occupying and investing in real estate. A Fortune 500 company with annual fee revenue of $5.2 billion and gross revenue of $6.0 billion, JLL has more than 280 corporate offices, operates in more than 80 countries and has a global workforce of more than 60,000. On behalf of its clients, the firm provides management and real estate outsourcing services for a property portfolio of 4.0 billion square feet, or 372 million square meters, and completed $138 billion in sales, acquisitions and finance transactions in 2015. Its investment management business, LaSalle Investment Management, has $59.1 billion of real estate assets under management. JLL is the brand name, and a registered