This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/13/2016
END DATE 10/11/2016
Responsible for the development and design of specific cable manufacturing automation projects. The candidate will work with Process Engineers, Designers, and Manufacturing personnel to take automation ideas from concept, to prototype, to final process/equipment design solutions. This person will be the project technical lead and may be responsible for some project management activities. Initial projects will be in the Power Conductor (cable stranding) and Extrusion areas
RESPONSIBILITIES & QUALIFICATIONS:
* Documenting conceptual, prototype and final design solutions for cable automation projects.
* Working with Process Engineering and Manufacturing groups to generate consensus for automation solutions. Coordinate planning meetings, design reviews, trials, and other events with relevant groups.
* Working with equipment vendors and suppliers to implement cost effective solutions.
* Evaluating automation upgrade ideas for various equipment and processes.
* Providing project budget estimates and perform capital equipment justification as needed.
* Testing and qualification of automation solutions.
* Documenting operating instructions, calibration procedures, and maintenance procedures for installed equipment.
* Integrating solutions to existing manufacturing equipment and processes.
* Bachelor s Degree, in a relevant Engineering field.
* Minimum 3 years of process control/automation experience in a manufacturing environment, with demonstrated ability to produce per project schedule and budgets.
* Knowledge of one, but preferably more, of the following: power transmission equipment, pneumatics, hydraulics, PLC controls, robotics, sensors, vision systems, and automation systems.
* Strong analytical skills with the ability to visualize and communicate solutions to complex problems.
* Basic CAD skills with the ability to do simple layouts and sketches.
* Relevant background in cable manufacturing methods and processes is a plus. Knowledge of company products and procedures is a plus.
* Experience with various types of NDT (Non Destructive Test) equipment is a plus.
* Some travel with short notice required.