Automation Engineer 8/31/2016
Valley City, OH
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY POSITION DESCRIPTION:
Provide engineering support for on-going and new operations. Maintain and increase production efficiencies as well as troubleshoot problems, identify and implement solutions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES; include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
* Designs methods for maintaining or increasing production levels while improving safety, production costs, yields, and quality.
* Programs and/or adjusts equipment to achieve required results.
* Troubleshoots process problems and identifies solutions that reduce downtime and conserve maintenance costs.
* Designs and conducts plant trials to determine performance capabilities.
* Develops and updates process procedures to ensure that documentation is accurate and understandable.
* Determines test methods, procedures, parts, and equipment needed to implement engineering changes.
* Interfaces with all levels of management and employees to gather information and provide guidance for implementation of improvements.
* Supports a zero tolerance culture to address behavior, as well as work conditions, to achieve an injury incident rate per the budgeted year.
* Supports to achieve OE customer delivery of 100%. Achieves service delivery rates of 98%.
* Supports to achieve all customer targets for PPM and customer complaints. Target is single digit PPM's.
* Supports successful launch of all new programs.
* Supports a landfill-free initiative with a goal to have all Shiloh facilities landfill-free per the budgeted plans.
* Supports the Shiloh Production System.
* Helps drive the LCCS methodology throughout all operations to ensure achievement of all productivity targets.
* Supports the successful implementation and execution of new processes and systems technology to improve cost structure and provide superior customer service.
* Supports the goals of all financial expectations as established by the business plan.
* Supports the manufacturing strategy and footprint by plant. Supports all activities required to ensure smooth operational integration of any acquisitions in the Shiloh culture and processes.
* Supports the estimating team under the management of Operations.
* Other duties as assigned.
* Understanding of blanking and welded blanking systems and products
* Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
* Understanding of Shiloh quality systems
* Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
* Ability to work independently of supervision.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
* Bachelor's degree in Engineering or related field; or Associates degree in Automation Systems or related field and proven knowledge of blanking and laser welding systems; or 5 years of Controls/Automation related experience
* Proficient in programming Allen-Bradley PLC's.
* Proficient in programming Siemens PLC's a plus.
* Proficient in programming ABB, Motoman, and/or Nachi robots.
* Experience programming servo controllers and VFD's a plus.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
* Competent with Microsoft Office software
* Competent with AutoCAD software
* Ability to read and create electrical schematics
* Familiar with Lock-out Tag-out procedures
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Can require standing for long periods of time
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This position will perform work in both a plant and office environment with unrestricted movement. Some travel as required (approximately 10% of time).
THIS JOB DESCRIPTION WILL BE REVIEWED PERIODICALLY AS DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES CHANGE WITH BUSINESS NECESSITY. ALL JOB FUNCTIONS ARE SUBJECT TO MODIFICATION.