Automation Scripter- REMOTE
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/8/2016
END DATE 10/9/2016
Advantage Resourcing - XPO
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Description:
This position will provide complex scripting and Automation of common engineering tasks. This group is comprised of experts who leverage HPSA and HPOO as well as other automation to gain efficiencies for infrastructure management. This role is critical and directly affects the delivery of our efficiencies within TIS-CPS and SDTs. We are looking for a highly motivated individual with deep technical skills and broad creativity around scripting. Dedication to delivery and availability is a must, as is the ability to deliver on multiple work streams simultaneously. This position is ideal for candidates that prefer a highly collaborative environment with a strong emphasis on team work, working closely with OS Engineers, and Automation Developers. He/she must have the ability to adapt to change quickly and adjust work accordingly in a positive manner. This position is not for people that prefer individual contributions or 100% programming.
* Develops scripts in various languages (mainly in python and shell) to support Middleware Automation Projects for infrastructure management
* Creates documents for scripting efforts; acts as an internal consultant regarding use of tools and process re-engineering to improve delivery, support and governance process execution
* Provides technical expertise for technical issues and initiatives related to large-scale applications, systems, databases and/or other technical products and services; provides creation of diagnostic, simulation and other tools to maintain, troubleshoot and/or restore service or data to systems
* Leads scripting efforts - development to production for upgrades, installations and/or configurations; troubleshoots network, hardware and software issues and coordinates resolution with users, vendors and internal service groups
* Assures quality, security and compliance requirements are met for supported areas
* Provides direction or guidance to less experienced staff.
* 5+ years OS (Windows. Unix, Linux) support OR application development experience with at least 2 years hands on experience with Windows and Unix/Linux.
* 3-5 years strong scripting experience in Python, shell
* 3+ years Relational Database experience.
* 3+ years SQL scripting experience
* 2+ years server admin/support (windows or Unix/Linux) experience
* 1+ year HPOO workflow automation experience (preferred)
* Strong interpersonal skills in all mediums - phone, in-person, email, IM, working across several levels of the organization, participating in group conference calls
About Advantage Resourcing
At Advantage Resourcing, our primary objective is to perfectly align the best people with the appropriate jobs. These jobs may be temporary assignments or career positions. We place talented people in a wide variety of jobs working with our client companies in areas such as: engineering, IT, technical, manufacturing, skilled trades, distribution, call centers, clerical, accounting, finance and sales.
Our strength is being able to solve our clients workforce needs by matching people that have the right skills, knowledge and motivation to each opportunity. Advantage Resourcing can help you discover the personal and career success you desire.
Advantage Resourcing Americas, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer offering employment without regard for race, color, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, gender, marital status, age, sexual orientation, sex, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected categories. Advantage Resourcing is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.