- This company is committed to hiring veterans.
OCCIDENTAL PETROLEUM CORPORATION is an international oil and gas exploration and production company with a subsidiary (OxyChem) that is a major North American chemical manufacturer. As one of the largest oil and gas companies in the U.S., we continually strive to be one of the best in the business. Our greatest asset has been, and will continue to be, our people. We are looking for an experienced and motivated individual to fill the position of Automation Specialist within our Permian Resources Midland Basin business unit based in the Goldsmith, Texas area.
This position will be responsible for the design, specification, installation, programming, calibration, preventive maintenance, troubleshooting, and repair of automation equipment in order to improve plant or oilfield system operation/uptime and reduce total operating costs.
* 3 or more years oil and gas automation related experience
* 3 or more years oilfield experience
* Must have a responsible attitude for personal safety and the safety of co-workers, contractors, and the general public
* Excellent interpersonal and team work skills
* Excellent diagnostic and repair skills for complex problems in automation systems
* Working knowledge of POC (Pump off controller) and RTUs (Remote terminal units)
* Excellent knowledge of automation host systems
* Expert in using test equipment pertaining to job, including oscilloscope, function generators, radio service monitor, etc.
* Able to perform general PM work: testing end devices, alarms and shutdowns.
* Understanding of pneumatic instrumentation: calibration and maintenance
* Skillful in reading electronic schematics, identifying components, and understanding their functions
* Able to understand and troubleshoot complex PLC programs
* Good computer skills
* Must have valid driver s license and excellent driving record
* Minimum high school diploma or GED equivalent, 2 year technical degree preferred
Oxy is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Individual with Disability/Veteran Status