Automation Support Specialist
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/14/2016
END DATE 10/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONSUMMARY: Responsible for the design and installation of Seaboard Foods; electrical projects to include installation of new electronic and electrical systems, troubleshooting and repair of complex electrical systems. Maintain complex equipment including automated equipment, roll-stock equipment, scaling systems, x-rays and CO-2 stunning system. This position will report to the Maintenance Supervisor. Responsible for the continuous running of equipment and machinery at the plant. Work together with other professionals in the plant in order to improve production facilities, reduce the incidence of costly breakdowns, and develop strategies to improve overall reliability and safety of plant, personnel, and production processes.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include, but are not limited to the following: (other duties may be assigned)
* Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, procedures manuals, building/equipment drawings and schematics.
* Ability to write routine reports and correspondence and develop project schedules.
* Install, set, program, maintain, calibrate, troubleshoot and/or repair electrical and electronic equipment including, but not limited to, X-ray machine, metal detectors, weighing systems, motor control, PLC, circuit boards, fuses, and relays.
* Excellent trouble shooting skills required.
* Must be able to design and implement Programmable Logic Controller (PLC) related projects, including PLC to PLC communications and programming.
* Install, perform routine maintenance and repair of machinery and equipment consistent with Seaboard policies and procedures and FSIS regulations.
* Duties may involve (but not limited to) maintain electrical and/or mechanical equipment, welding and fabrication, pipe fitting, boiler maintenance, insulating, installing, aligning and balancing new equipment, repair to building structure, floors, or stairs.
* Follow safety rules and regulations as established by Seaboard.
* Perform timely repair, routine maintenance, and preventative maintenance on various mechanical and electrical equipment in the system used during regular operations at the Plant.
* Keep accurate and timely work records and turn in paperwork as required
* Other processes may be assigned at management discretion.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions as listed below.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: Electronic degree preferred; Auto Cad experience necessary. Experience in trades necessary including Electrical, Mechanical PLC and Controls. High school diploma or (GED) required; 2 year technical degree or greater preferred. One or more years' experience in related field preferred, or combination of education and experience.
COMMUNICATION SKILLS: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedures manuals. Reading and interpreting of blueprints and wire diagrams. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of the organization. Must be able to read, write, and comprehend simple instructions, and work orders in the English language. Bilingual, Spanish and English is preferred, but not required
REASONING ABILITY AND MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to apply mathematical applications to practical situations. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, or schedule form. Must be able to solve problems quickly and with good judgment. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form (English Language). Ability to apply mathematical concepts to practical situations.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES AND REGISTRATIONS: Must be able to acquire Authorization / Certification in the following: Forklift, Pallet jack, Lockout/Tag out, Fall Protection, Confined Space Entry, Man lifts or others as required by the Maintenance Department. Must be able to pass the Seaboard Maintenance Test. Must be able to pass the pulmonary test for Refrigeration positions.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to move about the facility. The employee is occasionally required to sit, use hand to finger coordination; handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 40 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 65 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus. Must be able to work with all types of electrical equipment and tools Specific vision abilities required by this job include color vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee occasionally works near moving mechanical parts and in outside weather conditions and is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, fumes, or airborne particles, risk of electrical shock and vibration. The employee frequently works near moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles, extreme heat, risk of electrical shock and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud. The duties of this job requires a person to stoop, bend, work off of knees, climb ladders and work in high areas up to 130 feet, work in dark areas and work in confined spaces after trained to do so. The noise level in the work environment is occasionally loud.
NORMAL WORK SCHEDULE: Note: The hours and days of work are established as needed by operations and at the discretion of management and, while generally as shown below, may be changed (increased or decreased) by management as required. Hours of Work: Generally 12 or more hours per day, normally four days per week including weekends. Days of Work: Days of work will rotate each quarter as scheduled by management.
Seaboard Foods is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action / Veteran / Disability Employer