Automation Technician B
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/30/2016
END DATE 3/24/2017
JOB DESCRIPTIONThe Automation Technician B supports the vial department by setting up, monitoring, and adjusting equipment, as necessary, displaying efforts towards process improvements to reduce or eliminate scrap, improve productivity, maintain specified quality standards, and add value to the product.
Duties and Responsibilities
* Unjam and restart automated assembly processes with occasional guidance from higher level Technicians
* Set-up and start-up vial fillers, markers and vision systems
* Assist Automation Technician 'A' in modifications and repairs to existing equipment
* Maintain production standards in the absence of Automation Technician 'A'
* Perform and record routine inspections
* Record pertinent data for intershift communication
* Maintain order and cleanliness of department
* May assist in the material handling necessary for Vial Assembly Operations
* Other duties and projects as determined by business needs and production
Education, Skills, and Experience
* High school diploma, or equivalent, required
* 1 - 2 years of previous manufacturing with automation assembly experience
* Demonstrated understanding of automated assembly machines
* Working knowledge of the proper use of hand tools used to repair and set-up automated assembly equipment
* Proficient communication skills with multiple levels of employees
* Comprehension of metrology and the use of measuring equipment
* Capable of adding, subtracting, multiplying and dividing decimals
* Forklift certification required