Automation and Controls Instructor REMOTE 8/17/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY GP Strategies Corporation (NYSE: GPX) is a global performance improvement solutions provider of training, eLearning solutions, management consulting and engineering services. GP Strategies solutions improve the effectiveness of organizations by delivering innovative and superior training, consulting and business improvement services, customized to meet the specific needs of its clients. Clients include Fortune 500 companies, manufacturing, process and energy industries, and other commercial and government customers. Additional information may be found at www.gpstrategies.com.
GP Strategies is recruiting Automation and Controls Instructors to support customers throughout the United States. Travel is required and classroom training is performed on customer work sites. This position requires up to 100% travel Monday thru Friday.
* Deliver performance based training for customers both in-house and at the customer site.
* Align with customers to identify specific training tasks and requirements for tailored and custom delivery.
* Maintain technical competency in assigned courses while expanding product competency.
* Maintain and continue to develop instructional/platform skills.
* Maintain and keep current all course materials and equipment.
* Setup, teardown, and properly pack all classroom equipment.
* Maintain classroom equipment in good working condition.
* Report any issues that impact delivery or customer satisfaction to management immediately, following up with details in an Instructor Course Assessment Form (ICAF).
* Communicate with students to identify follow-on opportunities for training and/or product sales.
* Diagnose student performance weaknesses and select appropriate remedial activities.
* Analyze student evaluations and take appropriate actions to solve any noted deficiencies.
* Monitor and ensure customer hospitality levels are maintained.
* Monitor class evaluations to assure customer satisfaction.
* Know and understand the target industries.
* Support sales activities as deemed appropriate.
* Set a professional example for others and assume the role of mentor for associates and trainees.
* Ability to travel up to 100% of scheduled classes including Monday through Friday assignments. Typically 2 weeks a month but may vary.
* Bachelors degree in Industrial Education, Electrical Engineering, Technical Instruction, or other technical curriculum or 5+ years field experience.
* Previous teaching experience in Industrial Automation Control field (PLCs, Drives, Motion Control, etc)
* Experience in manufacturing industry a plus
* Raising or lowering objects from one level to another (including upward pulling) up to 50 lbs is required to set up classrooms
GP Strategies is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, or marital status.