Automotive Detail Quality Control Technician
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/25/2016
END DATE 1/29/2017
Cox Corporate Services, Inc.
This position ensures that vehicles sent to the detail shop are cleaned and detailed to sale condition according to customer specifications and Auction standards by inspecting vehicles and work areas upon completion of reconditioning work.
* Inspect and verify that quality of detail/reconditioning work performed is in accordance to customer specifications and contract standards. Examine visually and by touch if necessary. Track all vehicles entering and exiting the lanes using a detail sheets.
* Check wash bay steps by inspecting trunk jambs, looking for grease on hinges, bugs, fender wells and lower splash shields, etc.
* Check interior cleaning steps by inspecting ashtrays, dashboards, panels, vinyl, windows, carpets and upholstery, and making sure debris is removed, etc.
* Check buffing steps by verifying that dressing was properly applied to the engine and tires and that the vehicle was waxed, buffed and polished to appropriate standards.
* Check final touch-up by inspecting windows, bumpers, moldings, wax, etc.
* Reject vehicles not meeting standards and return to detail shop for redo. Generate appropriate reports and re-inspect problem vehicles to ensure quality standards are met.
* Ensure employees have proper equipment and are properly trained in its use.
* Ensure wash bays and other work areas are cleaned at the end of the workday and/or throughout if necessary.
* Perform other duties as assigned by manager or supervisor, including driving vehicle into building and to proper clean car staging area, occasional sale day driving.
* May be required to work overtime (more than 40 hours per week) as business needs dictate.
* High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
* 2-4 years experience in a detail shop or re-conditioning work, or as a quality control inspector preferred.
* Valid Driver s License and safe driving record required. Ability to drive vehicles with standard and automatic transmission. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills required. Must be detail-oriented.
* Regularly required to stand, walk, reach, talk and hear. Frequently required to stoop, kneel, crouch, bend, squat and climb. Ability to lift 1-15 pounds. Vision abilities required include close, distance and color vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
* Frequent exposure to wet and/or humid conditions. Occasional exposure to outdoor weather, moving mechanical parts, electrical shock hazard, fumes, dust and odors. Moderate noise level.
Cox Automotive is a leader in vehicle remarketing services, digital marketing and software solutions for automotive dealers, manufacturers and consumers. Cox Automotive includes AutoTrader.com, Kelley Blue Book, Manheim and a host of other global businesses and brands. Headquartered in Atlanta, Cox Automotive employs nearly 24,000 employees in over 150 locations worldwide. We partner with more than 40,000 dealers and touch more than 67 percent of all car buyers in the U.S. with the most recognized brands in the industry. We unite more than 20 brands in this space, providing an end-to-end solution to transform the way the world buys, sells and owns cars.
ORGANIZATION: Cox Automotive
PRIMARY LOCATION: US-CO-Aurora-17500 E 32nd Ave
EMPLOYEE STATUS: Regular
JOB LEVEL: Individual Contributor
SHIFT: Day Job
UNPOSTING DATE: Ongoing