Automotive Diagnostics Technical Sales Representative (Hartford area)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/23/2016
END DATE 10/22/2016
Stanley Black & Decker
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Description
Title: Automotive Diagnostics Technical Representative (DTR)
Status: Full Time, Exempt
Summary: The Diagnostics Technical Representative will work in collaboration with franchisees and District Sales Managers to drive the sales of diagnostics equipment through product training, demonstrations, and technical support. The DTR will be responsible for identifying new sales opportunities with shop owners and technicians alongside the franchisee. DTRs will work to increase franchisees knowledge of products and enhance sales techniques. Our ideal candidate will have an advanced understanding of diagnostic equipment combined with a strong work ethic and excellent interpersonal skills. Ability to travel on a frequent basis is required. This is a high profile opportunity will provide a great deal of company-wide exposure and professional growth.
Essential Job Functions:
* Increase franchisee sales in diagnostics equipment
* Educate franchisees/distributors on product features and sales techniques
* Work with District Sales Managers to develop diagnostics sales strategy for local districts
* Develop new qualified sales leads through customer visits
* Conduct ride a longs with franchisees focusing on increasing diagnostic sales
* Establish relationship as technical expert within customer base
* Provide onsite technical support when required
* Perform product training seminars and demonstrations to customers
* Secure orders for additional diagnostics products
* Attend field sales meetings to present new products, promotions, and features
* Support product management with trade shows, sales meetings and internal training sessions as required
* Perform other duties as assigned
Essential Skills & Experience:
* Relevant automotive diagnostics experience is required
* Willing to travel 65-80%. At times, weeks at a time. Weekend work may also be required.
* Must be able to successfully complete our pre-employment screenings (including Motor Vehicle Record check)
* Ability to work independently and manage time effectively. Must be self-motivated with high energy.
* Ability to lift samples, set up displays and exhibits, and preform hands on tool demonstrations, etc.
* Good presentation skills across a range of audiences. Good written and verbal communication skills.
* Microsoft office skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
* Demonstrated success in problem solving - must be creative, innovative, resourceful, and strategic.
* Ability to organize and prioritize.
* Superior Interpersonal skills - proficient in both written and verbal communications.
* Proven track record of success ability to drive growth
All qualified applicants to Stanley Black & Decker will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, veteran's status, age, disability or any other characteristic protected by law.
EEO Statement All qualified applicants that apply for Stanley Black & Decker will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.