Automotive MechanicTechnician - Level 2
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/11/2016
END DATE 10/26/2016
Cox Corporate Services, Inc.
College Park, GA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Description
This position is a mid- level vehicle Technician who provides high quality vehicle maintenance and repairs for fleet vehicles with a focus on exceptional customer satisfaction in a cost-effective manner. This Technician may work independently or in a team environment.
This position is Wednesday-Saturday.
* Perform Preventive Maintenance: change oil, oil filter, fuel filter, transmission flush, and inspection of vehicle for mechanical deficiencies. Perform light repairs as required.
* Based upon certification levels, perform various repairs and maintenance which may include: OBD II systems, brake components, tires, tune-ups, suspension components, aerial lifts, electrical systems, State Safety Inspections, interior/exterior components, engine and drive line components, etc.
* May maintain/repair equipment. (cable trailers, laptop docking stations, etc.)
* Keep shop area clean and tidy. Perform work in accordance to safety standards. Dispose of all fluids in a safe manner and in accordance with all regulations.
* Create and maintain vehicle history and maintenance records. May up-fit new vehicles with necessary equipment.
* Performs some more complex repairs, advanced diagnostics, and some fabrication.
* Assures prompt repairs by interfacing and coordinating with vendors for parts and repairs. May perform roadside assistance as needed.
* Provides custom equipment when needed by engaging in equipment design and moderate fabrication tasks including welding.
* Assures availability of specialized trucks by troubleshooting and repairing complex hydraulic systems, generators and electrical systems, hybrids, and on-board computer systems.
* Perform other duties as assigned by management.
* High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
* Minimum of 3 years of vehicle service and repair experience; 1 year of customer service experience preferred.
* Must currently possess or be able to attain minimum of 4 A.S.E. certifications within 18 months of employment.
* Must continue training to maintain current A.S.E. status and to meet with technology and fleet changes as they occur.
* Ability to drive vehicles with standard and automatic transmission.
* Ability to work safely in a fast paced environment.
* Ability to enter and exit vehicles frequently.
* Regularly required to stand, walk, reach, talk and hear. Frequently required to stoop, kneel, crouch, bend, squat and climb.
* Vision abilities required include close, distance and color vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
* Must be detail oriented.
* Ability to lift and carry up to 75 pounds (tools, equipment).
* Must have a working knowledge of DOT and CDL requirements for medium and heavy truck applications.
* Must be able to obtain Class A or B Operator s License if required.
Primary Location:US-GA-College Park-4900 Buffington Rd
Job Level:Individual Contributor
Shift:Day Job-See addtional information