Automotive Operations Manager
Description JOB DESCRIPTION:
This position is responsible for managing the vehicle reconditioning processes supporting Manheim s Retail Services. Working with Recon Mgr. and/or Recon Production Shop supervisors, this position manages and oversees the vehicle reconditioning operations, placing emphasis on the highest quality standards in preparing vehicles for delivery to retail automotive dealership. The Retail Services Operation Manager will manage all Retail Services reconditioning employees and processes to ensure all customer commitments and expectations for quality, completion, and pricing for services are met.
This position will have direct, daily management responsibility for the Retail Services operation, including Inspections, Mechanical Reconditioning and Administration. Other functions, such as Detail, Body Shop Operations, Photography and Logistics, may be managed or supervised by others, in which case, the Retail Services Ops Manager will work closely with those to coordinate and ensure the required services are completed timely and to customer s specifications as part of overall process.
* Responsible for setting the daily production pace of the recon team to deliver daily, weekly and monthly against committed volumes to multiple customers.
* Managing Retail Services employees to ensure maximum efficiency while maintaining quality output in accordance with Company and Customer guidelines.
* Seek continuous improvement through the implementation of process and procedures developed for the Retail Services Operations.
* Manage the flow of vehicles through the Retail Services operation, providing timely reporting on the Key Performance Metrics and safeguarding the inventory assigned to the Retail Services operation.
* Communicate with the Account Coordinator and the Customer on the status of inventory in process, anticipated reconditioning requirements and estimated delivery date.
* Continually monitor shop performance and adjust the assignment of employees to maximize productivity and quality and eliminate or minimize encumbrances to the process.
* Determine and oversee allocation and scheduling of staffing levels to meet all customer quality and completion commitments as well as maximization of recon operations profitability
* Oversees the quality control of vehicles as established by Retail Services operational standards. Interact closely and frequently with Recon. Mgr. and/or Production Shop Supervisors to ensure work completed by other areas of auction s Recon operations are completed timely and to customer s specifications. Ensure prompt and thorough resolution of delivery and/or quality issues.
* Communicate, discuss and collaborate with Retail Services leadership and other Retail Services locations to share process improvements, efficiency gains and best practices.
* Establish and communicate production goals and work schedule assignments in a reasonable and timely manner. Measure process efficiency and effectiveness and implement improvement strategies as needed.
* Review and document quality and production metrics for all positions and implement training or other corrective measures as needed.
* Educate and ensure compliance on all Inspections, Standard Operating Procedures and Safety Guidelines.
* Ensure complete and thorough employee on-boarding and ongoing training programs for employees.
* Manage the purchase and maintenance of equipment, materials and supplies required for the operation of the Retail Services facility. Control the use and consumption of supplies.
* Provide and maintain a safe work environment by communicating, monitoring, and enforcing all required safety procedures and complying with all OSHA, EPA and State or local safety and compliance regulations
* Maintain and develop Retail Services shop s staff and their professional and technical knowledge by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees
* Counsel and disciplines employees as necessary; plans, monitors, and evaluates job performance by conducting performance appraisals
* Visibly demonstrate safety commitment by following all safety and health procedures and modeling the behaviors related to such. Work in cooperation with safety leadership in support of all safety activities aligned with Safety Excellence.
* Effectively leads the team at the location by setting an example in behavior, championing Cox Automotive values and ensuring that all employees are treated with respect.
* Enforce all company policies and procedures related to employee and customer conduct.
* Partner with various support teams (i.e. Finance, HR, MFS, Recon, Safety, Security, Sales) to ensure effective and efficient operational processes that align with company objectives and strategies and high quality customer service and support.
* Regularly required to stand, walk, reach, talk and hear.
* Frequently required to stoop, kneel, crouch, bend, squat and climb.
* Perform other duties as assigned by management.
* High School Diploma or equivalent required
* 3-5 years experience in reconditioning or lot operations required
* Experience in the Automobile or Auction Industry a must
* Strong communication and interaction skills required
* Competent management and excellent organizational skills required
* Valid driver's License and good driving record required
* Ability to drive vehicles with standard and automatic transmissions
* Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
* Strong business acumen with focus on operations
* Effective management, leadership, and organizational skills
* Knowledge of reconditioning operations, operational financial statements and the ability to act decisively based on sound judgment
* ASE certification in automotive body repair or mechanical repair preferred.
* Ability to lift 1-30 pounds (light hand tools, etc).Manual dexterity, repetitive motion tasks. Vision abilities required include close, distance and color vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Primary Location:US-SC-Darlington-1111 Harry Byrd Hwy
Job Level:Team Leader