Automotive Technician III
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/11/2016
END DATE 10/12/2016
Cox Corporate Services, Inc.
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Description Job Description:
A Level 3 Retail Services Technician provides a high skill level for accurate vehicle maintenance and repairs of vehicles. Provides exceptional service delivery and is mindful of expense controls. This technician may work independently or in a tem environment.
* Perform a predefine inspection and light to complex mechanical repairs to a vehicle.
* Ability to complete minor to complex diagnosis and repairs to all vehicle systems including:
* Drivability diagnosis and repairs, including complete working knowledge of vehicle operating system and scan/electronic tools utilized in drivability repairs
* Complete vehicle electrical system diagnosis and repairs, including but not limited to lighting, drivetrain electrical, interior/dash and accessories
* Major engine mechanical and driveline component diagnosis, repair and replacement including engine, transmission, differential.
* Complete A/C system repairs including evacuate and recharge system. Must have Macs 609 certification to complete these repairs.
* Perform Vehicle Maintenance: change oil, oil filter, fuel filter, transmission flush, and inspection of vehicle for mechanical deficiencies.
* Based upon certification levels, perform various repairs and maintenance which may include: OBD II systems, brake components, tires, tune-ups, suspension components, electrical systems, State Safety Inspections, interior/exterior components, engine and drive line components, etc.
* Maintain assigned work area and overall shop in clean and tidy manner at all times.
* Perform all assigned work in a safe and conscientious manner at all times as directed by management and Manheim s safety standards.
* Handle and dispose of all fluids as defined by MSDS and in accordance with all Federal, State and local regulations.
* Create and maintain vehicle history and maintenance records as defined/directed by management.
* Assures prompt repairs by interfacing and coordinating with vendors and other Manheim associates for parts and repairs.
* Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor/manager.
* High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
* 5+ years of automotive service and repair experience; 1 year of customer service experience preferred.
* Industry certifications such as electrical and A/C desired.
* OE specific mechanical certifications desired.
* Front end, suspension and brake certifications desired.
* Computer and Scan tool/drivability diagnosis knowledge preferred.
* Must continue training to maintain current A.S.E. status and to meet with technology changes as they occur.
* Ability to write estimates that meet customer guidelines and contractual compliance.
* ASE certifications are preferred.
* Must have personal hand/air/cordless tools to perform all duties.
Frequent exposure to outdoor weather conditions. Moderate noise level.
Primary Location:US-MD-Elkridge-7120 Dorsey Run Rd
Job Level:Individual Contributor