Avionics Technician III (Job #1416)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/14/2016
END DATE 11/11/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONPOSITION SUMMARY:
Under limited supervision, performs troubleshooting, repairs and functional tests on avionics systems and components.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Conduct operational testing and troubleshooting on avionics systems and components.
2. Performs the installation and functional test of avionics components and systems on aircraft per engineering specs, blueprints and/or maintenance manuals.
3. Repair or replace defective components and wiring to ensure installations meet conformity.
4. Demonstrate effective repair techniques using acceptable practices.
5. Conducts functional and operational tests to evaluate performance and reliability.
6. Ensures that all work performed on the aircraft is properly and completely documented and ready for inspection.
7. Comply with engineering changes and modifications as required.
8. Ensures quality and efficiency of all installations.
9. Provide timely, quality repairs of malfunctioning systems.
10. Other duties as assigned not specifically stated herein.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS, EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, LICENSES, ETC:
1. High school diploma or GED. Avionics certification or technical training.
2. 6 years of similar or equivalent avionics experience and/or training in the business aviation industry or military.
3. Demonstrated ability to read, interpret and understand blueprints.
4. Ability to read, write and speak the English language.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
1. Demonstrated ability to comprehend and retain OJT.
2. Must possess a mechanical aptitude.