Azure Cloud Engineer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/3/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
Santa Clara, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONWe are looking for AZURE CLOUD ENGINEER for our client in SANTA CLARA, CA
JOB TITLE: AZURE CLOUD ENGINEER
JOB LOCATION: SANTA CLARA, CA
JOB TYPE: CONTRACT - 12 MONTHS / CONTRACT TO HIRE / DIRECT HIRE
"US citizens and those authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor H1b candidates at this time."
* Provide operational support to development, security and operations teams. In effect, assist in shaping the re-architect of applications to ensure they're able to migrate to the cloud.
* Work with operations and development to build a uniform pipeline that enables continuous integration and automated deployment.
* Implement tools and frameworks to enable monitoring, logging, alerting, and debugging at scale
* Drive root cause analysis for failures and risk management processes
* 3 years+ of managing a large scale IAAS / PAAS production footprint on Microsoft Azure
* In depth knowledge of PowerShell / .Net / Python / SQL
* Knowledgeable about Azure's Management API's
* Experience defining, building and maintaining a CI/CD pipeline for deployment on different cloud environments (preferably AWS and Microsoft Azure)
* Working knowledge of Linux variants (ideally CentOS / Ubuntu)
* Solid understanding of network basics (virtualnetworks / ExpressRoute / route tables etc.)
* Bonus points if you have hands on experience with (Docker, Kafka, Elastic Search)
* Ability to communicate with management and engineers while working independently and with a global team