BAS Energy Engineer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/17/2016
END DATE 11/23/2016
Jones Lang Lasalle
JOB DESCRIPTIONPosition Title
BAS Energy Engineer
Auto Req ID
The BAS Energy Engineer\'s primary responsibility is to oversee the operations of the BAS equipment at several sites to ensure that the systems are operating within design parameters in the most energy efficient manner providing comfort to the building occupants while protecting research integrity. The BAS Energy Engineer is responsible for managing outside BAS contract service providers, advising the console operators, assisting in controls troubleshooting and taking appropriate actions to protect equipment, personnel and research when systems are not functioning properly.
The BAS Energy Engineer has the responsibility to ensure the actions taken operating the BAS are in the best interest of BMS in respect to keeping the occupants safe and comfortable while minimizing energy consumption and protecting research integrity. The BAS Energy Engineer will be responsible for auditing the operations of related BAS systems to ensure proper operations to site SOPs.
1. System Monitoring
* Review of system operations reports to ensure that systems are functioning properly and not wasting energy by running redundant equipment when not required. Examples would include pumps, fans, boilers, chillers.
* Review AHU reports to ensure building temperatures are comfortable and consistent throughout without large variances from one building to another.
* Review AHU temps and valve positions across glycol, heating and cooling coils to ensure that systems are not heating and cooling simultaneously and therefore wasting energy.
* Optimize lighting and AHU start/stop points to improve occupant safety and comfort while minimizing energy consumption.
* Building certification/validation for critical spaces (GMP, vivarium, BSL-3, etc.).
* Ensure that alarms for research related equipment are reporting appropriately.
* Manage on Call mechanics for urgent requests.
* Manage BAS service contracts.
* Compile BAS Metrics.
* Serve on regional BAS team for collaboration of Best Practices.
* Collaboration with M&O on Assets.
* Generate, review, & revise SOP s.
* Manage hood certification program for multiple sites.
* Manage multiple sites calibration program and technicians.
* Assisted the Maintenance and Operation team in system(s) evaluation, maintenance, and repairs.
* The BAS Energy Engineer will be an integral part of the site and regional energy teams and will be responsible to identify energy savings opportunities, operate the sites in an energy efficient manner, and participate in energy audits and treasure hunts.
* Ensure site is operating efficiently.
* Create, modify and conduct virtual tours.
* Review e-log for issues that impact operations and energy efficiency and ensure they are acted upon.
* Manage Hood testing program.
* Manage Energy savings projects.
* Manage Lab ventilation program.
* Engineering Degree preferred.
* Minimum 10 years working in a Pharmaceutical environment on BAS systems
* Knowledge of the following BAS platforms but not limited to Siemen s, Honeywell, AirCuity and Allan Bradley. Being able to program these systems is a plus.
* Ability to program BAS systems is required.
* Knowledge of a CMMS system. Maximo is a plus
* Knowledge and Microsoft Office
* Limited Electrical License preferred
* Knowledge of all facets of temperature control systems, including electric, pneumatic and DDC systems.
* Able to read and interpret work from drawings, written work orders, sketches, blueprints, and technical manuals.
* Performs duties in a safe manner, utilizing company safety procedures such as hot work permits, confined space, lock-out/tag-out, etc. and personal protective equipment.
* Understands electrical theory and its application to ensure safe work practices.
* May require prolonged standing and walking as well as repeated bending, squatting, stooping and working in uncomfortable and tiring positions. Usually works standing up and often on ladders or scaffolding.
* May be required to work at an accelerated pace in emergency conditions.
* Some heavy lifting (up to 50 lbs.) is required.
* May be required to work in hot or cold environments for short duration and also where conditions such as: noise, fumes, odors, dust, oils, mists, gases or other dirty work conditions exist.
* May be exposed to hazards of tools, power equipment, steam, electrical shock, hot and cold surfaces, biological agents, chemicals and other industrial hazards.
* Must be on call and able to respond to site issues 24/7 from remote.
Start a lasting career with JLL today!
Total Rewards reflects JLL s investment in employees needs and preferences in Career, Recognition, Well-being, Benefits and Pay. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package. To be considered, please visit our Web site at www.us.am.joneslanglasalle.com/UnitedStates/EN-US/Pages/Careers.aspx to apply online. All resumes MUST BE submitted via our website. Please reference Job 44063BR.
Org Marketing Statement
JLL (NYSE: JLL) is a professional services and investment management firm offering specialized real estate services to clients seeking increased value by owning, occupying and investing in real estate. A Fortune 500 company with annual fee revenue of $5.2 billion and gross revenue of $6.0 billion, JLL has more than 280 corporate offices, operates in more than 80 countries and has a global workforce of more than 60,000. On behalf of its clients, the firm provides management and real estate outsourcing services for a property portfolio of 4.0 billion square feet, or 372 million square meters, and completed $138 billion in sales, acquisitions and finance transactions in 2015. Its investment management business, LaSalle Investment Management, has $59.1 billion of real estate assets under management. JLL is the brand name, and a registered trademark, of Jones Lang LaSalle Incorporated. For further information, visit www.jll.com.
JLL is focused on winning in the marketplace and being the industry leader, executing better than anyone else and innovating to create great products and services. We operate in an atmosphere of excellence, integrity, respect and trust. We bring a sense of teamwork, inclusion and diversity in everything we pursue. Our clients see the results as we address their needs, solve their problems and bring new ideas.
As a distinguished market leader, we offer challenging career opportunities in an exciting environment. Our future success as a firm depends on our ability to attract, develop and retain the very best people in the business.
Our values define who we are, underscore our commitment to clients and provide direction for everything we do.
Our unique culture has been recognized by industry experts and our peers. We are:
A best company to work for in multiple locations around the globe, including Chicago, San Francisco, London, Ireland, Shanghai and Hong Kong.
World s Most Ethical Companies from Ethisphere Institute for seven consecutive years.
America s 100 Most Trustworthy Companies from Forbes Magazine.
#1 Top Corporate Real Estate Firm 2013 from Watkins Research Group, Inc. for six consecutive years.
This partial list of awards demonstrates our record of achievement and our commitment to fostering an award-winning culture. For further information, visit www.jll.com.
JLL is committed to developing and maintaining a diverse workforce, and strongly believes in equal opportunity extended to all individuals in all aspects of the employment relationship. Please visit www.JLL.com for additional information on JLL s