BAS Project Engineer - Automated Logic Controls 9/7/2016
San Jose, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY About Us:
Air Systems Inc. is a wholly owned subsidiary of EMCOR Group, Inc. EMCOR is the world's leading provider of mechanical and electrical construction and facilities services, including planning, consulting, and operations and maintenance. Air Systems Inc. is a TOTAL FACILITIES SOLUTION for HVAC, Architectural Sheet Metal, Preventive Maintenance & Service, Electrical, High Purity Process Piping, Plumbing, Building Automation Systems and Energy Solutions.
Job Title: Project Engineer BAS \\"Building Automation Systems\\"
Job Summary: The BAS Project Engineer which assists the Engineering Supervisor and Project Management Staff.
This is an exempt position, not subject to overtime and reports to the BAS Engineering Supervisor.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Apply HVAC, electrical, building automation and energy efficiency best known methods and theory to design Building automation systems.
* Assist BAS Engineers in supporting clients, managing multiple projects, procuring equipment, and generating design drawings and submittals
* Create Control Engineering build documentation based on Client's specifications to include control diagrams, views and database for necessary equipment based on build documentation
* Assist Project Management staff and installation colleagues in researching customer needs including: Energy Water Efficiency, Serviceability, Interface Options, Equipment Documentation
* Generate submittals & close out documentation
* Work on elimination of equipment control concerns
* BS Degree Mechanical or Electrical Engineering
* 3-5+ years experience
* Ability to read construction blueprints and electrical schematics
* Knowledge of commercial HVAC & Electrical systems.
* Develop Sequence of Operations, Flow Charts & Diagrams
* Ability to handle and prioritize multiple tasks
* Proficient on MS Office Suite Visio, Adobe Illustrator and Bluebeam
* Must have an aptitude to learn Automated Logic Software
* Excellent oral/written communication skills
* Excellent customer relations skills
* Attention to Detail
* Excellent Organization
* Ability to problem solve
* Team Player
* Prefer a candidate who has a controls software program experience on resume
AIR SYSTEMS, INC. STANDARDS OF SUCCESS
* Attitude of Safety First
* Work Ethic of loyalty, integrity, pride, perseverance, accountability, respect and teamwork
* Strong ambition to succeed
* Adheres to company policies and procedures
* Represents company in a positive and professional manner
* Available to work for extended hours in order to meet deadlines
* Handles oneself with professionalism during stressful situations
* Maintains positive attitude and morale
* Interacts effectively with all members of the organization and all outside associates
* Completes responsibilities diligently
* Thinks strategically and takes into account long-term implications of one s actions
* Works independently, exercises discretion, applies common sense and makes competent decisions.
* Complies with designated work schedule
* Uses company resources wisely
* Constantly analyzes for ways to improve individual and/or company performance.
We offer our employees a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package and are always looking for individuals with the talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth and success. EOE M/F/Vet/Disabled