BAS Project Manager - Automated Logic Controls
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/19/2016
END DATE 1/4/2017
San Jose, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAbout Us:
Air Systems Inc. is a wholly owned subsidiary of EMCOR Group, Inc. EMCOR is the world's leading provider of mechanical and electrical construction and facilities services, including planning, consulting, and operations and maintenance. Air Systems Inc. is a TOTAL FACILITIES SOLUTION for HVAC, Architectural Sheet Metal, Preventive Maintenance & Service, Electrical, High Purity Process Piping, Plumbing, Building Automation Systems and Energy Solutions.
Job Title: BAS Project Manager
Job Summary: The BAS ( Building Automation Systems) Project Manager will manage BAS projects and will play an integral role in the growth of the controls department. The position will report to the Director of Building Automation Systems.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: - Lead project teams to support department and company goals including financials - Escalate issues on projects in a timely manner - Estimating of costs ( materials, equipment, and labor) of BAS assigned - Estimate BAS construction jobs and change orders - Assist in researching customer needs including but not limited to: -- Energy Water Efficiency, Serviceability, Long term and Short term goals for their BAS systems -- Develop and maintain relationships with ASI clients -- Manage the needed materials and manpower to support assigned BAS projects -- Coordinate with other divisions within the organization and the scheduling of work -- Assist in sales calls to prospective clients as required -- Effectively manage projects from conceptualization to completion -- User level knowledge of operating a control system -- Be able to read and understand BAS programming -- Attend and Facilitate BAS project meetings as required
- Minimum of 7 to 10 years in BAS experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical and leadership skills
- Demonstrated time management skills, resulting in the ability to manage multiple client relationships and prioritize time and resources accordingly
- In-depth understanding and \\"hands on\\" experience with all of the following systems: Electrical distribution, building automation/controls, HVAC including boilers,
air conditioning and chillers
- 3 to 5 years experience in energy management, building commissioning and/or systems diagnostics/ troubleshooting
- Proficient on MS Office Suite
- Excellent oral/written communication skills
- Excellent customer relations skills
- Attention to Detail
- Be able to multi-task
- Excellent Organization
- Ability to problem solve
- Team Player
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Creative use of skills and resources to get the job done
AIR SYSTEMS, INC. STANDARDS OF SUCCESS
* Attitude of Safety First
* Work Ethic of loyalty, integrity, pride, perseverance, accountability, respect and teamwork
* Strong ambition to succeed
* Adheres to company policies and procedures
* Represents company in a positive and professional manner
* Available to work for extended hours in order to meet deadlines
* Handles oneself with professionalism during stressful situations
* Maintains positive attitude and morale
* Interacts effectively with all members of the organization and all outside associates
* Completes responsibilities diligently
* Thinks strategically and takes into account long-term implications of one s actions
* Works independently, exercises discretion, applies common sense and makes competent decisions.
* Complies with designated work schedule
* Uses company resources wisely
* Constantly analyzes for ways to improve individual and/or company performance.
We offer our employees a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package and are always looking for individuals with the talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth and success. EOE M/F/Vet/Disabled