BEHAVIORAL HEALTH TECH I
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/13/2016
END DATE 11/12/2016
University of Kansas Hospital
Kansas City, KS
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Details
I am at least 18 years of age
I am authorized to work in the United States
I meet the job requirements as described
Work among the best. We are a top 25 employer in the metro area offering a wide array of career opportunities within our organization. We have a leading reputation for patient care, medical education, research, and community service. We value and respect the talented, committed, and diverse people who make up our hospital; they are our most important strength. The hospital offers very competitive wages and an outstanding benefit package.
We currently have an opening for Behavioral Health Tech I
* Supervises and assists patients through the completion of daily responsibilities, activities and daily living skills.
* Provide needed supports to improve treatment outcomes.
* Models positive behavior and effective problem solving techniques.
* Assists with structured group activities.
* Completes required documentation, forms and reports per agency's policy and procedures.
* Documents relevant information on each client regarding their behavior and interactions.
* Responsible for keeping the unit safe, clean and orderly.
* May assist in meal preparation and laundry as needed and directed.
* Provides transportation for patients to visits and other appointments as needed and directed .
* Provides crisis intervention and initiates emergency response plan, when necessary.
* Attends staff meeting as directed.
* Attends and completes all required in-service training and course work on an annual basis per agency requirements.
* Monitors patient phone calls and visitations as required.
* Review patient case histories and become familiar with patient treatment plan goals.
* Become familiar with the Employee Manual, Operations Manual and organizational policies and procedures.
* May act in a Lead Capacity when Unit Supervisor is absent from Unit based upon workloads and staffing requirements, as needed.
* High School Diploma or equivalent required
* One to three months related experience and/or training required
*** If selected to move forward in the hiring process, you will receive an email invitation to schedule your interview for this position. Please continue to check your email after you have submitted your complete application online.
To check the status of your application, please login to the Careers page and select the Application History tab ***
The University of Kansas Medical Center is committed to providing an equal opportunity for all qualified individuals to be considered for employment, benefits and conditions of employment, and to participate in or benefit from education programs and activities, regardless of race, religion, color, ethnicity, sex, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, status as a veteran, sexual orientation, marital status, parental status, gender identity, gender expression, or genetic information. A university community that provides equal opportunity for all will make significant strides towards the elimination of discrimination.
It is the mission of the Equal Opportunity Office to create a community of equality and inclusiveness that provides full and fair opportunities for all persons and to foster an intellectually and culturally diverse environment of learning and leadership where all individuals are valued, respected, and unhindered in their pursuit of excellence in their work and education.