BG5039-Quality-Safety Manager 9/17/2016
Kapstone Paper and Packaging Corp.
Bowling Green, KY
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY This position focuses on cultivating a Safety culture and taking a proactive approach to implementing, facilitating, coordinating and managing the Safety system.
This position also has the responsibility for the implementation and administration of all safety and environmental policies and safe practices, ultimately achieving full compliance with local, state, federal and company regulations. The focus of this position is to create a culture in which we continually work towards a goal of zero injuries. The position will have the authority to make decisions while exercising discretion and independent judgment.
* Two year degree
* Preferred: Bachelor's Degree in field of Safety
* Two-year technical degree from an accredited institution
* Will consider a combination of educations and an equivalent work experience
* Two years' experience in the field of safety or equivalent work experience within a manufacturing environment, corrugated preferred
* Experience assisting or leading in a culture-change initiative in regards to safety and safe practices
* Ability to make decisions and be process and results driven
* Membership in a safety organization a plus
* Ensure corporate-required reports are timely and accurate
* Perform other duties as assigned.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled