BH ADVANCED PRACTITIONER RN
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/3/2016
END DATE 12/22/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Details:
Responsible for providing cardiovascular care services, as delegated by the physicians, including assessing and managing patients in the hospital or Clinic following established standards and practices. Primary area of coverage will be working with the Electrophysiology physicians.
1. Assesses patient's cardiovascular status, makes preliminary diagnosis and determines appropriate diagnostic and therapeutic plan.
2. Assists physicians in providing acute and chronic patient care by performing complete physical exams, obtaining complete medical histories, monitoring therapies, giving injections and medications, and ordering appropriate laboratory and diagnostic procedures.
3. Records findings and prepares and dictates summaries of patient clinical care.
4. Performs patient rounds in accordance with hospital and Clinic protocols and updates physicians throughout the day as needed.
5. Maintains and reviews patient records, charts and other pertinent information, making entries, writing orders and recording progress notes, as necessary, for review and countersignature by the responsible physician.
6. Triages patient telephone calls and provides consultation.
7. Plans and participates in educational programs for patients, families, hospital staff and other healthcare professionals as needed.
8. Instructs patient and family regarding medications and treatment instructions.
9. Prepares and dictates hospital discharge summaries for cardiovascular patients.
10. Consults and communicates with other staff, patients, physicians and administrators, as necessary.
11. Manages medical and surgical emergencies, including use of CPR.
12. Monitors exercise and pharmacologic stress testing.
13. Attends required meetings and participates on committees as requested.
14. Remains current in advances in cardiovascular care and, where relevant, translates this knowledge into clinical practice.
15. Participates in continuing education and maintains professional certifications and affiliations.
16. Maintains patient confidentiality.
Masters Degree in Nursing and successful completion of an approved APRN program.
CERTIFICATION/LICENSE/REGISTRATION: Current license as an Advanced Practice Registered Nurse in the State of
Nebraska. Certification by either the American Nurses Credentialing Center at the American Nurses Association or by the
Academy of Nurse Practitioners. BLS and ACLS certification.
EXPERIENCE: Minimum of one to two years experience as an Advanced practice Registered Nurse, preferably in a cardiovascular setting.
Bryan Health is an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, religion, age, color, sex, national origin, disability, genetics, marital, disability and/or veteran status. Bryan Health hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.