BI Analyst 8/18/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY QUALIFICATIONS
As a BI Analyst with GREIF, you will be responsible for designing, developing, managing and enhancing the data warehouse and business intelligence solution. As an expert in business intelligence methodologies and processes, BI Analyst is expected to work closely with Greif global business community in understanding their information needs and translating these requirements into refined, easy to use information tools.
* Provide Level III Support to troubleshoot Dashboards, Reports and data problems to help resolve the root cause of production issues and streamline the business intelligence processes.
* Collaborate with team members and management to identify and solve data quality issues.
* Create user documentation and deliver end user training.
* Lead functional team collaboration in resolution of functional issues.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
* Bachelors Degree in Finance / Accounting (or) equivalent work experience required
* 3 5 years of strong Business Intelligence (BI) analyst experience
* Working experience in BI tools such as Cognos, Business Objects, Micro Strategy, OBIEE. Working experience in IBM Cognos BI version 10 reporting tool is preferred.
* CPA or CMA certification is a plus
* 3 plus years of Finance / accounting experience
* Knowledge of ETL and Data Warehouse tools is a plus
* Knowledge of data models, star schemas is a plus.
* ERP / OLTP systems experience is a plus.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
* Must be able to handle multiple projects in a dynamic fast paced team environment.
* Ability to work as part of a team, communicate effectively with peers, management, and third parties.
* Self motivated and directed. Strong verbal and written communication skills.
* Demonstrates a sense of urgency.
* Ability to mentor and transfer knowledge to other team members. Have proven track record of project dedication and follow through.
* Consistently exhibits a positive, \\"can-do\\" attitude.
* Will be required to travel occasionally as needed.
We offer a competitive salary, excellent benefits and opportunity for growth. Greif, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of race, gender, religion, age, national origin, color, disability, or veteran status. EOE/Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran