This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/18/2016
END DATE 1/25/2017
Digital Intelligence Systems, LLC
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Snapshot
EMPLOYEE TYPE: Full-Time
EXPERIENCE: Not Specified
EMPLOYEE TYPE: Full-Time
EXPERIENCE: Not Specified
BHJOB8895_52338 Jr. Business Intelligence Developer (Maestro Care Report Writer)
DIRECT HIRE ($65,000 TO $70,000 PER YEAR SALARY)
The Maestro Care Business Intelligence Developer is integral to the success of our client's Epic EHR (Maestro Care) reporting program. The BID is the face of Maestro Care reporting and the backbone of the reporting offering. In this capacity the BID functions as the data and reporting resource for the specific module they support and is responsible to work with Maestro Care users across the company's environment to understand their data and information needs and to provide expert consultation on available tools, design options, and relevant data elements. This role supports their mission to improve community health and eliminate health inequalities.
Key responsibilities of the BID include:
* Meet and collaborate with company stakeholders to understand the EHR data, information, and analytic needs of their business units.
* Work collaboratively with Business Analysts to identify and gather detailed business requirements, create technical documentation, clarify, interpret and translate specifications as required in order to develop an appropriate data information solution.
* Undertake a detailed study of workflows relevant to primary modules of support with the goal to develop an intimate understanding of the respective data flows from point of entry to final populated element. A thorough understanding of the operational workflows, the data generated, the fields in which they are housed, the relationship of the data to and across modules, and the relevance of the data to core entities (patient, provider, location) is crucial to the ability to produce informed data deliverables.
* Maintain timely communication and collaboration with the Maestro Care Application Analyst team to ensure a foundational understanding of all business unit workflows as relevant to the modules they support.
* Develop design documents for data mapping and data transformation processes.
* Perform gap assessment and identify gaps between business requirements and data availability. Where present consult with customers, departmental leadership, Maestro Care application analysts, Epic TSs, and others to identify available options.
* Develop and implement an appropriate quality acceptance testing and validation strategy to ensure completeness and accuracy of data prior to customer UAT and migration of solution into the production environment. Includes analyzing data in source systems to assess data quality and making recommendations for addressing concerns to the Data Governance Board.
* Use all tools as relevant to develop the right solution to meet customer data needs. Available tools include but are not limited to: CDW (Cogito Data Warehouse), Clarity, Reporting Workbench, Radar Dashboards, Registries and Universes, Business Objects Crystal, WEBi, Tableau, and SQL. This requires an understanding of the strengths and limitations of each toolset.
* Monitor the performance of module-specific reporting inventory and take corrective action as necessary to optimize performance and mitigate negative consequences for customers and production servers; specifically SQL tuning. Escalate the need for report tuning and optimization as warranted.
* Regularly review service pack upgrades from Epic to determine implications for respective modules and data artifacts. Consult with Maestro Care application analyst team, Epic TSs, customers, and departmental leadership to appropriately prioritize and remediate updates as warranted.
* Understand and follow all established guidelines with respect to report development, migration of reports through environments to Production, and report maintenance. Ensure that all data deliverables conform to established departmental standards; specifically change management processes, reporting naming conventions, and maintenance of enterprise reporting library.
* Maintain impeccable communication with internal and external stakeholders regarding the development status of work requests. Requires the timely and astute evaluation and anticipation of risks to fulfillment of committed to work requests, and communicate in a transparent, timely, and professional manner, being ever mindful of our role as a customer service organization.
* Remember always this role is the face of the EHR reporting, information, and analytic function of the company. Work proactively to foster a strong internal team and excellent, value-add service to company stakeholders.
LEVEL-SPECIFIC EXPECTATIONS...THE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES FOR THE BID WILL VARY DEPENDING ON THE LEVEL OF THE ROLE (TECHNICAL, SR. BID, OR BID). THE FOLLOWING CRITERIA MAY BE USED TO DETERMINE LEVEL:
LEVEL 1 (BID):
* Individual contributor representing the most common entry point for this career ladder; works under the direct supervision of Sr. BID, Team Lead, or higher.
* Demonstrates knowledge specific to his/her respective data domain and module(s); demonstrates the proven ability to accurately apply knowledge in the design and build of reporting, information, and analytic solutions (albeit in consultation with others).
* Beginning to intermediate level user of requisite technical tools for the role.
* Proven SQL coding experience at an intermediate or higher level.
* Foundational understanding of Epic Hyperspace functionality and underpinnings; working understanding of Epic Crystal Integration and able to develop reporting in Reporting Workbench.
* Understands 1 or more Epic data models and modules.
* Serve as technical resource for respective module.
* Basic understanding of troubleshooting Epic reporting
* Engaged team player with fully aligned attitudes and behaviors, and committed to achieving our enterprise mission.
* Collaborates as a member of a self-organizing team, in which bundles of work are scheduled, designed, built and delivered on a defined schedule. Ability to be effective in a fast-paced environment; able to communicate with teammates clearly and at the right times; ready to give and receive help to ensure the team's overall success.
* Able to excel in a matrixed environment, both as a member of an "organizational home" team with shared functional skills and as a member of time-delimited multidisciplinary project teams spinning up as needed and dissolving upon project completion.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AT THIS LEVEL
* Bachelor's degree in a related field, or four years of equivalent technical experience required if no degree.
* Degree in Information Sciences, Mathematics, Statistics, or Engineering (Health Information Management) preferred.
* If not achieved prior to employment, certification in indicated Epic data model(s) and module(s) is required within 6 months of employment except where otherwise negotiated; certification in an indicated Epic model is a condition of employment. Relevant data model and modules will be communicated at time of employment. Certification is required on the Epic version current at company.
* 1+ years of related business intelligence development experience is required for the level 1 BID role.
* Recent and prior healthcare experience is strongly preferred (particularly in a mid - large size hospital provider organization).
* Solid experience and knowledge developing complex SQL scripts (intermediate to high intermediate, advanced/expert SQL programmer dependent on entry level).
* Strong hands-on working knowledge of analytical tools and business intelligence tools (MS SQL Server/Oracle, SAP, Clarity,