BI Programmer/Analyst (Enterprise Finance)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/10/2016
END DATE 11/4/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Description
The BI Programmer/Analyst plays an important role in designing, developing and implementing TM1 models for use within the Finance Department. He/She works closely with Finance team members to identify and define their needs and develops/enhances tools to support departmental operations and user job functions. This includes writing, coding, testing, and analyzing software programs and applications.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES:
* Develop and support IBM Cognos TM1 models through all stages in the project life cycle.
* Design and build successful technical solutions that involve TM1 cubes, dimensions, TI processes, rules, and executing the completion of the TM1 architecture per project.
* The abilities to edit/create rules while utilizing Turbo Integrator.
* Working from high-level or detailed requirements, will be responsible for design, development, testing and implementation of a variety of operational and analytical reports and dashboards.
* Create SQL queries against SQL Server tables used for data profiling, troubleshooting, and tactical ad-hoc reporting as needed.
* Design and develop ETL procedures using Microsoft SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS).
* Researches, identifies, analyzes, and fulfills requirements of all internal and external program users.
* Consistently writes, translates, and codes software programs and applications according to specifications.
* Designs, runs and monitors software performance tests on new and existing programs for the purposes of correcting errors, isolating areas for improvement, and general debugging.
* Administers critical analysis of test results and delivers solutions to problem areas.
* Conducts research on emerging application development software products, languages, and standards in support of procurement and development efforts.
* Liaises with vendors for efficient implementation of new software products or systems and for resolution of any adaptation issues.
* Provides guidance to Finance team members.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
* Bachelor Degree in Information Systems, Business Management, Finance, Accounting or related field.
* System Implementation preferred
* 4 + years experience working with IBM Cognos TM1
* Experience using Microsoft SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) and other ETL tools
* Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
* Experience working in a fast-paced high demand environment
* Minimum of 2 years of experience working with OLAP technology
* Outstanding analytical skills (numerical, verbal).
* Highly proficient in Financial modeling and reporting
* Project Management experience.
* Strong understanding of databases, including SQL/Oracle, querying, data mining etc.
* Excellent understanding of coding methods and best practices.
* Knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws.
* Must be self-driven and motivated.
* Strong teamwork ethic, positive proactive flexible attitude ability to take complete ownership of responsibilities.
* Ability to effectively manage and prioritize multiple projects/tasks of varying complexities, meet deadlines and work well under pressure.
* A methodical approach to tasks with strong documentation skills.
* Flexible and adaptable in regards to learning and understanding new technologies.
* Effective interpersonal skills and relationship-building skills.
* Ability to conduct research into software-related issues and products.
* Able to communicate effectively with non-technical staff and with members of interdisciplinary teams.
* Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to sex, race, age, disability, religion, national origin, color or any other protected class.