BI - Software Developer in Test
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/17/2016
END DATE 11/19/2016
EBSCO Information Services
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Overview
EBSCO Information Services (EIS) provides a complete and optimized research solution comprised of e-journals, e-books, and research databases all combined with the most powerful discovery service to support the information needs and maximize the research experience of our end-users. Headquartered in Ipswich, MA, EIS employs more than 3,300 people worldwide. We are the leader in our field due to our cutting-edge technology, forward-thinking philosophy, and top-notch workforce. EIS, a division of EBSCO Industries Inc., based in Birmingham, AL, is ranked in the top 200 of the nation s largest, privately held corporations according to Forbes magazine. EBSCO is a company that will motivate you, inspire you, and allow you to grow. We are looking for the best. If you are too, we encourage you to explore our unique opportunities.
BI Software Developer in Test
As a Software Development Engineer in Test you will write software that examines, validates and tests large scale software development and deployment projects as well as help design and build intelligent systems that can validate use cases and scenarios. As a member of a SCRUM team, the SDET role is also frequently involved in code authorship for feature development. The ideal candidate for this position is highly technical, has a passion for high quality software development, and has worked on multiple software projects using an agile/SCRUM methodology.
* Daily coordination of development activities within cross-functional team.
* Drive software quality by designing and building test automation frameworks, tools and tests.
* Drive improvements in our tool chain, automation, build, and release process.
* Collaborate with the SCRUM team and product owners to develop high-quality solutions.
* Author well-engineered solutions using test-first/test-driven methodologies.
* Contribute to the architecture and design decisions for our technical solutions.
* Participate in the design, selection and implementation of development and testing tools.
* Automate unit and integration tests to achieve high automated test coverage.
* Disseminate technical knowledge to fellow SDET s, test engineers and developers.
* Assess and incorporate new tools to aid with the development and testing process.
* Contribute to the continuous improvement of the team.
* Contribute to the team s ability to make and deliver on their commitments.
* Problem Solver: Applies critical thinking and structured problem solving to address root causes.
* Collaboration: Works effectively with team members and cross functional teams to accomplish individual, team and organization goals.
* Analytical Skills: Able to draw insightful conclusions from complex data. Exhibits probing mind.
* Technically Savvy: Highly knowledgeable on current and proven QA/Testing technologies and proactively seeks to gain knowledge and understanding of evolving technologies that could have positive impact on current systems, software and tools.
* Results Driven: Focuses on desired results. Sets and achieves challenging goals.
* Practitioner: Expertly applies skills and knowledge to daily tasks in order to achieve desired outcomes.
* Detail Oriented: Pays attention to little details. Has patience and perseverance for pursuing a problem until the reason has been exposed and is well understood. Proactive to initiate plans for corrective actions.
* Flexibility/Adaptability: Adjusts quickly to changing priorities and conditions. Copes effectively with complexity and change.
* Positive Attitude
* Good Judgement
* Open Communication
* Desire to Make an Impact
* Eager to Understand
* Team Player
* Bachelor s Degree in Computer Science, MIS, Computer Engineering or other Information Technology related degree.
* 2+ years of ASP.NET (C#), Java or other Object Oriented Programming Language Development/SDET.
* 2+ years of SSIS, Talend or similar ETL Tools.
* 2+ years of SQL Server development/SDET experience.
* 1+ years ATDD (Acceptance Test Driven Development and TDD (Test Driven Development).
* 1+ years Developing automated integration and acceptance tests with a focus on back end database solutions, workflows and processes.
* 1+ years - working in Business Intelligence or Reporting Environments.
* 1+ years working in agile/scrum environment.
* 1+ years CI/CD (Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment).
* 1+ years Performance testing strategies and techniques.
* 1+ years (AWS) Amazon Web Services Solutions.
* 1+ years Redshift or comparable columnar database.
* 1+ years Tableau or comparable Data Visualization Tool.
* 1+ years - working with large ( 1TB) databases.
* 1+ years - working with API Web Services and HTML.
Why the North Shore of Boston and EBSCO are great places to live and work!
Here at EBSCO we will provide relocation assistance to the best and brightest people. We are 45 minutes outside of Boston just minutes from the beach in Ipswich, MA. Ipswich is a part of the North Shore and contains a wide variety of locally owned shops, restaurants, and farms. It is not only a great area to work but to raise a family. Below are resources for you to review to better familiarize yourself with Ipswich and the North Shore area. If you have any questions please don t hesitate to reach out to EBSCO s Talent Acquisition Team.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.