This job is no longer active. View similar jobs
Howard S. Wright, a Balfour Beatty Company, is seeking a BIM Intern for the summer of 2017. The duration is approximately 14 weeks between June and September.
The Building Information Modeling (BIM) Intern is responsible for assisting the team at the direction, and as defined by, the BIM Manager. The BIM Intern s primary role is to learn and apply their working and growing knowledge to help perform various BIM roles on a project s overall BIM efforts. The BIM Intern will report directly to the BIM Manager and will work closely with and take direction on programs and overall company strategy. As BIM Intern, he/she is responsible for helping the team on all BIM related efforts.
* Currently enrolled in Construction Management, Engineering, Architectural Engineering or related education program; no experience required, prior internships or work experience helpful but not required.
* Able to develop new skills and knowledge quickly.
* Demonstrate expanding knowledge of construction.
* Strong computer skills including the ability to use CAD programs, word processing, spread sheets, etc.
* Possess good self-organizational and management skills, and strong verbal and written communication skills.
* Act in a manner of integrity that shows support for the company, its values, and the employees, while maintaining constant focus on meeting/exceeding customer requirements and expectations.
Experience with the following software is desirable; SketchUp, Google Earth, Navisworks Manage, Revit, AutoCAD, Adobe Illustrator, Bluebeam Revu, and BIM 360 Field.
Balfour Beatty is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, gender, pregnancy or breastfeeding, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin, age, genetic information, marital status, veteran status, disability, or other status protected by state or federal law.
#LI-DNP Apply Now