BIM Project Coordinator
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/16/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONPosition/Title: BIM Project Coordinator
1. Must have comprehensive piping project management skills (i.e. scheduling, budgeting, expediting, material coordination, customer interface) and be able to:
a.) Assist/consult in the development of BIM Piping Project quotes.
b.) Assist/consult in the development of change orders and the evaluation of back-charges and provide summary to CPS management.
c.) Plan and schedule work to ensure project schedule milestones and deliverables are met and maintain CPM Schedules throughout BIM Projects.
d.) Coordinate complete project and material handling from manufacturing to installation (i.e. bagging & tagging/expediting, fabrication of combination Victaulic and welded spools, field logistics)
2. Perform Quality Control Review of drawings and bill of materials (plans & sections, isometric's, spool sheets, B.O.M.'s) produced both in-house and by the GDC (Global Design Center) and/or other CPS office, utilizing CPS procedures and standards.
3. Ability to prepare 3D drawings in Revit, AutoCAD & CADmep as well as various other design modeling and coordination software (Navisworks) formats.
4. Must have comprehensive piping layout skills, including:
a.) Understanding of mechanical equipment rooms and systems (HVAC piping, steam, plumbing, industrial process piping, water and wastewater piping & Fire Protection)
b.) Knowledge of other mechanical trades (Sheetmetal, Plumbing, Electrical, Maritime)
c.) Knowledge of construction techniques (Architectural, Structural)
5. Prepare and coordinate complete BEP (Basic Engineering Package), adhering to established guidelines, for transferring project to the GDC and/or other CPS office.
6. For projects that have been transferred to the GDC, provide assistance and comments as required, along with attending daily coordination meetings.
7. Advise the CPS BIM Manager on a weekly basis on status of all assigned projects and assist with project close out and customer satisfaction reports.
8. Utilize and enforce the CPS PM Division procedures and policies.
9. Work with Victaulic's customer care department regarding the preparation of and/or changes to advanced bill of materials prepared by CPS Coordinators.
10. Assist Sales with presentation of CPS drawing quotes (as required).
11. Assist CPS Pre-Construction, Specification, and Software Development departments. (as required).
12. Must have ability to travel to jobsites to obtain accurate field measurements and interact with customers and Victaulic salespeople as required.
13. Assist in the training of Piping Coordinators, Draftspersons, Draftsperson Trainees, and Interns.
14. Utilize and participate in Lean implementation and the Victaulic Quality Improvement Process.
QUALIFICATIONS: (Education, Experience, Skills, Personal Attributes)
* Minimum of 5 - 10years of field experience in HVAC and/or Industrial required, or other equivalent experience in the piping field, such as plumbing, steam piping, or Fire.
* Working knowledge of Sprinkler, Plumbing, steam fitting very helpful.
* Project Management experience and organization is desired.
* Piping specification engineering experience preferred.
* Experience in pipe stress analysis and pipe support design preferred
* Training Experience is preferred but not required.
* Experience with Excel, MS Word, MS Project required. Prior experience helpful with Revit, AutoCAD, CADmep & Navisworks software, we will train.
* Piping field installation experience and / or piping fabrication experience preferred.
* Must have ability to travel domestically on occasion.
* Excellent communication, leadership, interpersonal, and customer skills required.