BIOMED EQUIP TECH I
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/15/2016
END DATE 10/8/2016
University of Kansas Hospital
Kansas City, KS
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Details
I am at least 18 years of age
I am authorized to work in the United States
I meet the job requirements as described
Work among the best. We are a top 25 employer in the metro area offering a wide array of career opportunities within our organization. We have a leading reputation for patient care, medical education, research, and community service. We value and respect the talented, committed, and diverse people who make up our hospital; they are our most important strength. In addition to being the best place to work, the hospital offers competitive wages and an outstanding benefit package.
We currently have an opening for a Biomedical Equipment Tech I.
* Demonstrates ability to repair, install, maintain, calibrate, and inspect a diverse range of therapeutic and diagnostic biomedical instrumentation and equipment.
* Performs preventive maintenance and electrical safety testing of clinical equipment, devices, and systems.
* Diagnose and correct system and equipment malfunctions.
* Maintain accurate documentation on new equipment, inspections, and equipment repairs and failures.
* Provide technical assistance and instruction on equipment operation and maintenance to clinical staff.
* High school diploma required; Associates and/or Bachelor's degree in electronics/biomedical preferred.
* Knowledge of electronic theory, technology, and test equipment.
* Knowledge of basic anatomy and physiology as applied to the use of biomedical equipment.
* Knowledge of color code conventions used in component and wiring marking.
* Knowledge of general software applications such as e-mail, database management, word processor and spreadsheets.
* Ability to analyze, repair, and test electronic and electromechanical equipment.
* Ability to maintain accurate record of repairs, calibrations and tests.
The University of Kansas Medical Center is committed to providing an equal opportunity for all qualified individuals to be considered for employment, benefits and conditions of employment, and to participate in or benefit from education programs and activities, regardless of race, religion, color, ethnicity, sex, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, status as a veteran, sexual orientation, marital status, parental status, gender identity, gender expression, or genetic information. A university community that provides equal opportunity for all will make significant strides towards the elimination of discrimination.
It is the mission of the Equal Opportunity Office to create a community of equality and inclusiveness that provides full and fair opportunities for all persons and to foster an intellectually and culturally diverse environment of learning and leadership where all individuals are valued, respected, and unhindered in their pursuit of excellence in their work and education.