BIOSAFETY CABINET ENGINEERING TECHNICIAN SUPPORT
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/25/2016
END DATE 2/16/2017
JOB DESCRIPTIONWe are seeking a Biosafety Cabinet Engineering Technician support for USAMRIID in Frederick, MD!
ClinicalRM is a full service Contract Research Organization (CRO) specializing in preclinical through Phase IV support of clinical research and clinical trial services for biologics, drugs, and devices. We help our customers get their products to market faster with a wide array of research, regulatory, and sponsor services both within the US and around the globe, and respond rapidly to global health crises.
* The Biosafety Cabinet Engineering Technician will be a competent professional, manage and provide technical expertise for Biosafety Cabinets, Chemical Fume Hoods, Clean Benches and PCR Hoods including the maintenance and certification program. Variable work hours, to include 24/7 coverage, evenings/nights, weekends, Government holidays, and during unforeseen closures or circumstances apply.
* Applicant will ensure all records are maintained on BSC maintenance and certification program, assist PI s/End-users in advising, purchasing BSC, CFH, CB and PCR hood equipment limitations and integration into institute to meet end user and safety requirements.
* Applicant will assist in the Installation and coordinate all new or replacement BSCs, CFHs, CBs and PCR Hoods, and removes, dismantles and prepares all BSCs, CFHs, CBs and PCR Hoods for Property Book Office turn in. (Monthly) * Applicant will administer and maintain records on UV testing in all BSCs for USAMRIID Safety Office and makes corrective action as needed.
* Applicant will Use the Defense Medical Logistics Standard Support system (DMLSS) to document and track equipment actions including maintaining workable shop stock levels and initiate, monitor, and follow-up on corrective actions as required.
* Applicant will provide concept drawings, layouts, and work plans to improve the building system performance and programmatic requirements and apply engineering principles during laboratory renovations. (Weekly)
* Applicant will determine the best method of execution, implements programmatic and mission unique requests for the scientific investigator. Ensures independent investigator requirements, operational readiness and mission suitability needs are achieved.
* Applicant will perform a risk assessment prior to acquiring the BSC/CFH and confirm selected cabinets are classified according to performance characteristics. (Monthly) * Applicant shall have a comprehensive understanding of connecting, operating, testing and maintaining Biological Safety Cabinets and Chemical Fume Hoods.
* Applicant performs after-hour, emergency call back, and variable work schedules as required. Response time for call-ins shall be within one hour of notification. (Monthly)
* Applicant will Interface with budget and logistics and perform ordering duties for the Facility Management Division upon the absence of the Program Administrative Assistance. This includes maintaining real time dollar amounts on all associated WBS (work breakdown structure) accounts and project lines. (Monthly)
* Applicant will perform testing HEPA Filters Systems, Cleanrooms, Safety Cabinet Technology and will work with Advanced BSL3 Work Practices and Procedures.
* Applicant will Coordinate and perform scheduled and unscheduled work requests, including assessment, coordination, action, troubleshooting, identifying required repair parts and completing paperwork for DMLSS tracking
* Applicant must maintain 100% Regulatory Compliance throughout the year as acceptable performance level. Contractor shall be responsible for Continuous Education Unit s and Continuous Education Credits directly related to BSC/CFH, Regulatory Requirements, Industry Standards and Technology, Testing Eagleson Institute Conferences, Seminars and Classes.
* Required: Ed/Exp: At least 5 years experience maintaining and testing HEPA Filtered Systems, Cleanrooms, and Safety Cabinets
* Applicant must maintain Continuous Education Credits Eagleson Institute in Testing HEPA Filtered Systems and Cleanrooms, Safety Cabinet Technology and Advanced BSL3 Work Practices and Procedures or Equivalent Training Certificates.
* Applicant should have strong organization skills and a strong understanding of GFEBS, DMLSS, Microsoft Outlook, Excel and Word.
* Applicant must work in BSL 3 and 4 facilities which requires admission to the BPRP and maintenance of that status while in this position.
* Applicant must be a US Citizen.
ClinicalRM is an Affirmative Action-Equal Opportunity Employer