This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/16/2016
END DATE 11/11/2016
Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center
JOB DESCRIPTIONJOB SUMMARY: Teaches Basic Life Saving and Advanced Cardiac Lifesaving courses as outlined by the American Heart Association (AHA) and in accordance with AHA and Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center policies for courses offered at BIDMC.
* Instructs healthcare professionals in ACLS and/or BLS standards and expectations, as according to AHA algorithms. Instructs courses using the required materials, paperwork and equipment/instructor to student ratios.
* Serves as an expert in ACLS and/or BLS skills.
* Communicates any difficulties with equipment, students or other instructors directly to the Training Center Coordinator (TCC).
* Evaluates and assesses classes for purpose of performance improvement of class content and instructor qualifications.
* Keeps abreast of AHA standards, certification for instruction by the AHA and adult learning practices.
* High School diploma or GED required. Bachelor's degree preferred.
* License required: Basic Life Support, or Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) for Healthcare Providers certification issued by the American Heart Association (AHA)
* 1-3 years related work experience required.
* Excellent organizational skills and ability to set priorities.
* Ability to teach a minimum of two courses per year at BIDMC.
* Commitment to become registered as an instructor with the BIDMC Training Center as an ACLS and/or BLS instructor and adhere to all requirements of the AHA and BIDMC.
* Experience with computer systems required, including web based applications and some Microsoft Office applications which may include Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint or Access.
* WRITTEN COMMUNICATIONS: Ability to summarize and communicate in English moderately complex information in varied written formats to internal and external customers.
* ORAL COMMUNICATIONS: Ability to comprehend and communicate complex verbal information in English to medical center staff, patients, families and external customers.
* KNOWLEDGE: Ability to demonstrate in-depth knowledge of concepts, practices and policies with the ability to use them in complex varied situations.
* TEAM WORK: Ability to act as a team leader for small projects or work groups, creating a collaborative and respectful team environment and improving workflows. Results may impact the operations of one or more departments.
* CUSTOMER SERVICE: Ability to provide a high level of customer service and staff training to meet customer service standards and expectations for the assigned unit(s). Resolves service issues in the assigned unit(s) in a timely and respectful manner.
AGE BASED COMPETENCIES:
Employees in this job must be competent to provide patient care to the following age groups: Young adult: 16-30 years, Middle Age: 30 - 60 years, Elderly: 60 -.
PHYSICAL NATURE OF THE JOB:
Medium work: Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally and or up to 20 pounds of force frequently. Job is physical in nature and employee needs to stand and/or move around through the majority of their shift.
BIDMC is EOE M/F/VET/DISABILITY/GENDER IDENTITY/SEXUAL ORIENTATION
Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We comply with the laws and regulations set forth in the linked poster:http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf