BN Network Engineer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/17/2016
END DATE 11/4/2016
Scientific Research Corporation
Fort Bliss, TX
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Under general supervision, the BN Network Engineer applies standard engineering principles, theories, and concepts. Conducts research, analysis, compilation, design, development, and/or test of technical engineering data in support of customer requirements in one or more engineering disciplines. May perform as a task lead on assignments of moderate scope.
Scientific Research Corporation is an advanced information technology engineering company that provides innovative products and services to government and private industry, as well as independent institutions. At the core of our capabilities is a seasoned team of highly skilled engineers and scientists with multidisciplinary backgrounds. This team is challenged daily to provide cutting edge technology solutions to our clients.
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES :
* Works as Network Engineer for one or more test Battalion (BN) units, participating in BN network component designs, performing network integration and design tasks, and conducting initialization, configuration and troubleshooting tasks during test events.
* Performs a variety of analyses of technical engineering data. Interprets the data, verifies product documentation, designs, layouts, or drawings for adequacy and reliability.
* Develops, documents, and recommends solutions or improvements for technical engineering problems of moderate scope.
* Researches and prepares draft and/or finished engineering presentations, reports, process studies, or technical information used for such things as program reviews, design reviews, and proposal activities.
* Initiates, develops, and maintains active interfaces and coordination/exchange of technical information among multi-disciplined engineering groups, subcontractors, and/or the customer. May assist in delivering presentations to management and/or the customer.
* Analyzes, develops, and maintains technical databases and supportive engineering systems.
Scientific Research Corporation offers a competitive salary, an extensive benefits package and a work environment that encourages excellence. Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Scientific Research Corporation is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer that does not discriminate in employment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
MINIMUM SKILLS :
* Requires a minimum of a Bachelor's degree and five years' work related experience or a Master's degree and three years' work related experience or a Ph.D. in a relevant, technical discipline or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
* Requires the application of complex, technical, professional disciplines requiring a four-year degree or equivalent and the extensive, applied use of related concepts, practices and methods.
* Requires a senior level of proficiency to apply significant job related experience. This job may assist others as a lead practitioner.
* The primary or most necessary skills required for this job are analytical skills. Other important skills include communication skills, computer skills, leadership, and problem solving skills.
DESIRED SKILLS :
* Expertise operating, designing and supporting Army Tactical C4ISR systems and vehicle platforms. Specific expertise in Lower Tactical Internet and Software Defined Radios and networking waveforms like WNW, and SRW.
* Understanding of Army networked operations, mission threads, unit organization and architectures.
* Ability to develop detailed network architectures combining legacy tactical systems with new systems under test and commercial networking products.
* Experience performing Operational testing to include initialization, configuration and troubleshooting of tactical networking systems during test events.
THIS POSITION REQUIRES AN ACTIVE SECRET CLEARANCE
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled