BPO Team Consultant - IL Lisle
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/13/2016
END DATE 10/13/2016
Joseph T. Ryerson & Son, Inc
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Position Description
Joseph T. Ryerson & Son, Inc., one of the largest distributors of metals in the US is currently seeking a Business Process Optimization (BPO) Team Consultant to join our team in Lisle, IL. The BPO (Business Process Optimization Team) serves as a group of Business Process Analysts within the IT organization. They serve as a conduit between the business team and IT. This team supports IT by representing business needs, helping to design & test IT changes, and helping to analyze and resolve business issues. The team supports the business team by training on proper business procedures, how to properly use SAP, providing on site assessments and supports the team in identifying and supporting system changes.
Role And Responsibilities:
* Create training materials; including process flow, Step-by-step instructions and other tools for effective and engaging knowledge transfer.
* Conduct classroom and remote go to meeting training sessions.
* Create and deliver site-specific training in support of roll-outs of AS400 to new branches.
* Communicate recommendations for improving AS400 training and roll-out process.
* Create, improve and deploy assessment tools, training materials, job aids, etc.
* Travel to Ryerson locations to perform on-site assessments
* Compile and analyze assessment data and make recommendations for improvement.
* Present assessment findings and recommendations to service center and division managers.
* Assist departmental managers in the creation of action plans for process improvement and knowledge transfer.
* Follow-up with service center personnel on action plan implementation.
* Observe system utilization and communicate recommendations for AS400 system enhancements and changes as appropriate.
* Assist with training, testing and other AS400 projects
* Some college required
* Business experience in a service center environment (Sales and/or Sale s Management)
* AS400 skills are a plus
* Prior experience as a trainer
* Previous involvement in large IT systems projects a plus
* Excellent interpersonal, facilitation and team building skills.
* Enthusiasm and can do attitude.
* Experience leading change management efforts without direct authority over the participants.
* Detail orientation, analytical aptitude and execution skills.
* Creative problem solving skills.
* Solid knowledge of Sales business processes.
* Excellent knowledge of and hands-on skills utilizing AS400.
* Experience as an AS400 trainer very helpful.
* Ability to effectively use Microsoft office suite and learn other tools as needed.
* Extensive onsite travel away from home (75 - 85%)
Joseph T. Ryerson & Son, Inc. is an EOE/AA employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.