BPS Solution Excellence Support Analyst
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/1/2016
END DATE 10/15/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONJOB DESCRIPTION
BPS SOLUTION EXCELLENCE SUPPORT ANALYST
JOB ID 20162899 DATE POSTED 08/31/2016 Description
ABOUT THE POSITION:
To coordinate and carry out the activities and processes required to ensure Quality and Performance at agreed levels to business users of the SAP solution that is used to deliver business support services. To assist with managing the SAP environment, perform ESP and SAP Scheduler Support and aid in PMO and daily system operations support type activities to improve SAP operations. Ensure standardized methods and procedures for efficient handling of all system and process changes to minimize the impact of change-related incidents on operations. Coordinate and carry out the activities and processes required for change management and release management of the SAP solution through the BPS Change Control Board (CCB), the BPS Change Advisory Board (CAB) and through the IS CAB interface with a focus on interaction and support of business-users and preparation for changes. To assist the business in coordination, prioritization and testing of SAP solution incidents with IS and vendor partners.
POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES (INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO):
This position is accountable for working with business functional areas, vendor partners, BPS teams, and Information Systems (IS) to ensure solution excellence (solution integrity, defect resolution, change management, release management, functional enhancements) across the organization by making use of a range of consultancy techniques, methods, and processes as appropriate to ensure optimal outcomes.
* Support Enduring Business Support (BPS) Solution Excellence Governance by promoting adherence to the Incident Management (IM), Release Management (RM), and Change Request (CR) processes; maintaining IM, RM & CR process documentation and job aids; communicate and clarify the change process to all stakeholders.
* Coordinate change management of the SAP solution through CCB, BPS CAB and the IS CAB; provide forward schedule of changes as a part of the BPS release strategy; provide post-production reports and updates; assist Technology team for approvals; maintain defect visibility to support CRs.
* Provide oversight on the Change Request process by monitoring and driving the Change Request management process, consulting on proposed solutions, driving adherence to solution integrity principles, providing testing oversight, working with business stakeholders to align required changes in support of National Grid strategic initiatives.
* Contribute to the release management process by working with the business and BPS leadership to source approvals from business leaders and from change requesters; by participating in release audits and assisting the Release Manager in management of release planning issues; interact with Business and the Application Management team to align Incident and Change Management with the approved release schedule.
* Provide PMO support to the BPS SE Pillar, including collecting and developing management reports, maintaining release schedule, performing ESP Scheduler support, etc.
* Conduct data analysis on service level objectives (SLOs) and disseminate reports as necessary.
* Coordinate the transports from DEV to QA to PROD.
* Assist all Supply Chain business functions as required; including IM/WM, Fleet, Procurement, and Ariba.
KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
* Bachelor's degree required and 3+ years experience and proficiency in business operations, company policies, procedures and IS standards is preferred.
* Experience in Accounts payable is preferred.
* Working knowledge and experience with SAP for business functional areas OR previous experience in an IS support role for functional areas in either an Application Development (AD), Application Maintenance (AM), PM, or business consultant/BRM role is a plus.
* Experience in an application support role with the business as part of a business support team, part of a functional team or as IS business support OR a subject matter expert (SME) in a business functional area is a plus.
* Extensive business knowledge and a comprehensive understanding of the current USFP solution and how it can support and enhance the current business process is a plus.
* Good working knowledge of the business policies, management structure and business objectives.
* Knowledge of relevant industry practice and legislation. Knowledge of current trends within the industry and developments in legislation or utility regulation.
* In-depth experience of field or back office work processes is preferred.
* Working knowledge of the solution delivery investment plans and the overall business plans is a plus.
* Proficient in relevant productivity software e.g. Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) is preferred.
* Proficiency in knowledge management tools such as SharePoint, etc.
* Knowledge of IS Governance framework and IS routines is a plus.
* Analytical experience / analytical proficiency.
* Proficiency is project management techniques.
* Proficiency in negotiations, influencing, and communication skills.
* Ability to work with and oversee off-shore development teams, including understanding of IS vendor contracts is a plus.
* Ability to prioritize investments and solutions to ensure that the goals of the business and those of the IS organization are met is a plus.
This position is one of National Grid s career path roles which provide for promotional opportunities within and across salary bands as you develop and evolve in the position by gaining experience, expertise and acquiring and applying technical skills.
NATIONAL GRID IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER THAT VALUES A BROAD DIVERSITY OF TALENT, KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE AND EXPERTISE.WE FOSTER A CULTURE OF INCLUSION THAT DRIVES EMPLOYEE ENGAGEMENT TO DELIVER SUPERIOR PERFORMANCE TO THE COMMUNITIES WE SERVE.NATIONAL GRID IS PROUD TO BE AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER. WE ENCOURAGE MINORITIES, WOMEN, INDIVIDUALS WITH DISABILITIES AND PROTECTED VETERANS TO JOIN THE NATIONAL GRID TEAM.
:Aug 31, 2016, 12:00:00 AM