BSA, Sr Staff (Sr. Staff Productivity and Collaboration)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/2/2016
END DATE 10/20/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Description
The BSA Sr Staff Productivity and Collaboration will support a suite of services designed to enable and empower our global user community to be highly productive in an efficient working environment. He/she will work with our IT teams, end users, Sr. Executives and vendor partners to tailor productivity solutions and tool features to user needs. He/she will leverage a user first thinking process to help identify the most beneficial technology and system approaches to drive global collaboration and user productivity. This role will liaise across the Bio-Rad organization and business areas to assist the end user population in deriving value from our collaborative and personal productivity tools (e.g. MS Office, Google Apps etc.), best practices, and behaviors.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Develop and support productivity and collaboration services through the entire life cycle, including Ideation, prioritization, prototyping, POC, service definition, service design, service delivery, service transition, client functionality validation, and periodic feedback on service effectiveness from the user's point of view.
* Utilize user first thinking to understand the user s needs, workflows, collaboration needs, and their readiness to adopt our productivity and collaboration services. Help formulate the needs and requirements into a framework that allows a distinction to be made for when a technology solution is needed versus education/training on existing services and tools.
* Seek to adapt existing services and develop new services which are simple to use yet provide powerful functionality.
* Train users on existing and new collaboration functionality.
* Inform the user community of upcoming changes and/or enhancements that will impact the collaborative services using input from a strong partnership with the global infrastructure teams.
* Work collaboratively with vendor partners to understand product roadmaps, rollout plans, strategy, and align those to our own emerging business needs and delivery roadmaps.
* Ensure all selected productivity tools work seamlessly across common workflows and are easy to use.
* Where possible partner with the Mobility team to ensure productivity tools can be extended across all user platforms.
* Ensure IT risks (including security, privacy, compliance, business continuity, etc) are identified and appropriately managed.
* Provide the tools, knowledge and infrastructure which enable change agents in the business to lead collaboration adoption among their local teams and communities.
* BA or BS
* Degree in CS, Engineering or related field preferred.
* 6+ years experience in a global, decentralized IT organization.
* Broad knowledge of collaboration and social networking technologies
* Ability to think from the end user perspective and influence decisions regarding the adoption of collaboration and personal productivity tools
* Passionate about modernizing the workplace and online collaboration tools.
* Experience in developing and executing a change management strategy focused on adoption of new technology
* Project management skills, including experience in leading change management efforts within global business transformations
* Excellent written communications skills, with experience in developing enterprise-wide communication and engagement strategies
* Strong presentation skills, with experience in delivering awareness sessions, technology demonstrations and learning courses, and comfort in interacting with audiences of varied sizes and seniority
* Strong interpersonal skills, with a proven track record of building compelling cases and establishing credibility across divers
* Self-motivated and directed.
* Ability to motivate in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
* This position will be located at the Corporate Campus in Hercules, CA.
* Some travel, less than 5 %, might be required.
To all recruitment agencies: Bio-Rad does not accept agency resumes, unless the agency has been authorized by a Bio-Rad Staffing Representative. Please do not submit resumes unless authorized to do so. Bio-Rad will not pay for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.