This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/15/2016
END DATE 10/25/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY The Bank Secrecy Act (BSA) Supervisor has responsibility to assist in ensuring that EverBank's enterprise-wide BSA program is effectively implemented. This position is also responsible for assisting with the oversight of transaction monitoring throughout EverBank.
As used here, BSA is inclusive of the Bank Secrecy Act (BSA), Anti-Money Laundering (AML) regulations, the USA Patriot Act, and the Office of Foreign Asset Controls (OFAC) regulations.
* Responsible for the supervision of the BSA Monitoring and Investigation Analysts and the overall transaction monitoring processes relating to the Bank Secrecy Act (BSA) and Anti-Money Laundering (AML).
* Maintains a current knowledge of the BSA and all related AML and OFAC regulations.
* Utilizes BSA/AML monitoring application systems and other reports to detect suspicious activities.
* Conduct periodic self-assessments of the BSA/AML department's day-to-day operations.
* Works closely with the BSA Manager to ensure that EverBank's BSA / OFAC programs are compliant and effective; recommends changes as appropriate.
* Acts as a resource for EverBank employees on BSA related issues.
* Ensures that there are sufficient and appropriate resources in place to effectively perform transaction monitoring within the BSA group; recommends changes as appropriate.
* Assists the BSA Manager with ensuring that there is an effective monitoring program in place that encompasses all business lines.
* Assists with the timely completion of alerts and investigation reviews from automated and manual monitoring processes. Makes recommendations for the fine tuning of the automated monitoring software to maintain an efficient monitoring system.
* Provides assistance with respect to BSA internal and external examinations.
* Performs other duties and responsibilities as required or assigned by the BSA Manager.
* Assists in the developing and maintenance of procedures related to BSA Compliance in branch banking and the monitoring program.
* Ensures that SARs narratives are well written and conform to regulatory guidance and assists staff in the timely completion of SARs
* Provides guidance on BSA matters to EverBank employees.
* Delivers and designs BSA training as needed.
* Serves as a resource for resolution of BSA related issues.
* Communicates effectively with regulators on BSA issues.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIREMENTS
* Expertise in regulations related to BSA and OFAC
* Understanding of banking business lines and particularly financial center and back office operations
* Superior verbal and written communication skills
* Competency in using Excel, Word, core banking systems
* Prior experience with BSA monitoring systems
TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE
* Bachelor degree preferred
* 5+ years BSA and banking experience required
* 3 years of management experience required
* BSA certification preferred
Pre-Employment Screening May Include:
* Credit Check
* Criminal Background Check
* DMV Check
* Drug Screen-after offer of employment is extended and before start date
* Past Employment Verification
* Social Security Verification
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required of personnel so classified, and they may change at any time.
EverBank is more than just a bank; it's the evolution of an idea. Traditional financial institutions had become wasteful, inflexible and stuck in the past. We thrive because we adapt, transform and push forward despite the ever-changing financial environment. From our headquarters in Jacksonville, FL, we continue to gauge our success on that of our clients' while seeking new opportunities to help them reach and surpass their goals.
EverBank is an equal opportunity employer. No employee or applicant will be discriminated against because of race, religion, color, gender, age, marital status, pregnancy, national origin, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship, veteran status, or disability or any other legally protected status.
EverBank is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for employment or contractor opportunities. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at EverBank via e-mail, the Internet, or directly to hiring managers at EverBank in any form without valid written search agreements executed by the VP, Talent Acquisition for that specific position will be deemed the sole property of EverBank, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by EverBank as a result of the referral or through other means.
EverBank will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against associates or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another associate or applicant. However, associates who have access to the compensation information of other associates or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other associates or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by EverBank, or (c) consistent with EverBank's legal duty to furnish information.