BSA/USA Patriot Act Coordinator
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/16/2016
END DATE 12/1/2016
Western Alliance Bancorporation
Las Vegas, NV
JOB DESCRIPTIONMORE INFORMATION ABOUT THIS JOB:
The position of Bank Secrecy Act/USA Patriot Act Coordinator is responsible for assisting with developing, recommending and formulating BSA policies and procedures. May give direction to the Lending/Operations staff for effective BSA compliance. Assists with Anti-Money Laundering software for bank, CTR, SAR, MIR, Customer Identification Program, account monitoring, OFAC, exemption reporting and reporting any deficiencies to the BSA Officer or designated supervisor. Assists with internal and external regulatory exams. Conducts self-audits of customer accounts to ensure compliance with policy and procedure
Assists the BSA Officer with distribution of BSA related information obtained by several sources including, but not limited to manuals, policies, Internet, auditors, trade associations and training seminars to give direction on implementing all BSA/USA Patriot Act/AML policy and procedures.
Assures compliance with all Bank policies and procedures, as well as, all applicable state and federal banking regulations.
* Oversees internal reporting, monitoring and management information systems to identify
questionable activity, high risk accounts, and using other reports to ensure compliance
with bank policy and regulatory requirements and also maintains a strict level
Assists with the administration of anti-money laundering software to monitor and report all BSA related activities to management as directed. * Monitors and coordinates new high risk account opened, monitors, and assign proper codes according to procedures.
* Assists to validate transactions in the Anti-Money Laundering Software BAM that do not
validate during nightly processing. This includes, but is not limited to teller
transactions, monetary instruments, ACH and wires. * Assists with the monitoring of other high risk accounts and geographic areas to report any suspicious activities to BSA Officer and/or department managers.
* Assists with the administration of OFAC software and conducts periodic scans of entire database to ensure compliance. Distributes all related information to the bank(s) as needed.
* Makes initial detection and recommendation of transactions that are suspicious.
Assists with documentation standards and to conduct investigations by
contacting branch/departments as needed to determine if activity is appropriate
* Provide support and guidance to bank s operations and lending compliance efforts and
assists with implementation of BSA related programs for the bank.
* Serves as a liaison between various departments to facilitate the flow of information
and control of related functions.
* Reinforces the application of superior customer service by example along with appropriate
follow through with involved customers and employees; may conduct or attend
specific periodic meetings and presentations on BSA with all staff members.
* Assists with special projects, gathers data to prepare reports for senior management,
audit, and other personnel.
* Associates Degree (AA) preferred OR High School Diploma/GED
* BSA Certification preferred
* 5 or more years of experience in the Banking & Financial Services industry
* 5 or more years of experience in Bank Secrecy Act Compliance
* Proven knowledge and understanding of CTRs, SARs, OFAC, MIRs, and High Risk Accounts etc.
* Intermediate experience with Software programs such as Bankers Toolbox BAM, EZTeller, Microsoft Office Products, Fiserv/Navigator, Director
Western Alliance Bancorporation is committed to equal employment and will consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, sex, color, religion, age, nation origin, marital status, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or genetic information. Western Alliance Bancorporation is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process and/or need an alternative method of applying, please email email@example.com or call (702) 252-6257