BSC Ocean Document Processing Agent
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/9/2016
END DATE 10/22/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONREQ ID: 133292
JOB FUNCTION: Ocean Freight
CONTRACT TYPE: Permanent
JOB LEVEL: Professional
SUB-DEPARTMENT: OFFICE LOCATION: Miami, FL (MIA) TRAVEL REQUIRED: No Selection START DATE: 16/06/2014 The Panalpina Group is one of the world's leading providers of supply chain solutions, combining its core products of Air Freight, Ocean Freight, and Logistics to deliver globally integrated, tailor-made end-to-end solutions. The Panalpina Group operates a global network with some 500 offices in more than 70 countries, and employs around 16,000 people worldwide.
We are looking to hire a Document Processing Agent to execute the Document Processing activities:
* Validate rate as per service contracts including handling of disputes with carries when applicable.
* Audit, dispute and/or approve and process internal and external vendor invoices based on job costing /accruals.
* Follow SOP as agreed between Panalpina and vendors
* Check for proper referencing and cost calculation
* Invoice/transfile PA or overseas per the cost sheets/billing instructions
* Issue statistical invoices
* Insure compliance with ASI requirements
* Collaborate with finance department and operations to achieve department goals
* Report discrepancies/variances of cost/accruals
* Any other functions as required
Decision Making Authority
* Exception Handling by consulting with Team Leader
* Prepare and execute billing, rating and payables activities within established guidelines
* Excellent communication skills
* Ability to work well as a team player
* Ability to work in fast paced environment
* Ability to effectively multi-task
* Strong interpersonal skills to effectively interact with both clients and vendors
* Good judgment skills and ability to make decisions
* Organized and high level of attention to detail
* Analytical and strong problem solving skills
* Able to work in a diverse environment and culture
* Minimum fluent in spoken and written English, second language a plus
* Fluent in English. Second language preferred
Panalpina is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer