BU Sales Manager, NYC
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/2/2016
END DATE 11/2/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONREQ ID: 132087
JOB FUNCTION: Marketing and Sales
CONTRACT TYPE: Regular Employment
JOB LEVEL: Professional
The Panalpina Group is one of the world's leading providers of supply chain solutions, combining its core products of Air Freight, Ocean Freight and Logistics to deliver globally integrated, tailor-made end-to-end solutions. The Panalpina Group operates a global network with some 500 offices in more than 70 countries and employs around 16,000 people worldwide.
We are looking to hire a Business Unit Sales Manager to achieve sales plan objectives with assigned SME clients and targets by effectively selling Panalpina s products.
* Generate business with assigned SME clients and targets in line with the sales plan
* Assure the successful client implementation
* Provide information to BU Head of Sales for sales planning and forecast activities, including prospect qualification and local market intelligence
* Provide client and target information, maintain CRM
* Execute sales process
SKILLS & Requirements:
* Functional experience in air / sea / customs brokerage
* Sales experience
* Complete understanding of Panalpina strategy and products
* Local market knowledge (customers, competitors, suppliers).
* Expertise and professionalism in customer contacts, understanding of customer requirements, analysis and resolution of problems and complaints
* Impact & Influence at all levels and ability to close
* Information, data gathering and analysis skills
* Conceptual thinking to propose/discuss client solutions
* Organizational awareness (focus on client organization)
* Relationship Building
* Achievement Orientation
* Personal Organization/self-management
* Self structure
* Sense of urgency
* Creativity in problem solving
Educational Background & Work Experience
* Business administration / commercial background
* Sales experience within the industry minimum 2 years
* Fluent in English and preferably other languages
Panalpina is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer