This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/22/2016
END DATE 11/9/2016
Yale New Haven Health
Rye Brook, NY
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY OVERVIEW
To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
Performs a variety of duties associated with the preparation, monitoring and reporting of the operating and capital budgets . Utilizing a variety of business systems, processes month end close reports, maintains hierarchy structures and internal distribution tables. Responsible for completing budget variance analyses and providing customer support to assigned areas. Provides technical support to Senior Financial Analysts as required.
* 1. Develops technical knowledge of budget report processing. This includes posting monthly budget adjustments to the general ledger, running budget reports, maintaining department hierarchies, and internal distribution tables. The procedure requires proficiency with a variety of systems which include but not limited to Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Access and Lawson.
* 2. Reviews the monthly budget position change adjustment file for accuracy and prepares the budget offset file. Uploads files into the BUD008 system and general ledger. Completes monthly reconciliation between BUD008 system and general ledger.
* 3. Provides support to Senior Financial Analysts. Assists with monthly budget variance reporting, budget position changes, and position control maintenance. Also helps in the preparation of annual operating expense and capital budget proposals and personnel requirements.
* 4. Develops working knowledge of Flexible Budgeting concepts as applied at Yale New Haven. Takes part in monthly review of flex budget results.
* 5. Collaborates with Senior Financial Analysts on budget reporting, recommending and assisting with the development of analytical tools utilizing existing system resources.
* 6. Works with the Coordinator of Capital Budgeting and provides ongoing support and maintenance of the Capital Budget.
* 7. Participates and supports Hospital and Finance customer relations policy and programs.
* 8. Performs other related duties as required by the Manager of Budget Development and other Finance and Hospital leadership.
Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or business related field preferred or equivalent experience required.
One year experience in accounting, or finance profession preferred. Hospital and/or managed care experience also desirable.
Excellent written and oral communication skills. Proficient with Microsoft Office including Excel, Access, Word and Power Point. Knowledge of health care industry desirable.