BUSINESS ANALYST I
This job is no longer active. View similar jobs
I am at least 18 years of age
I am authorized to work in the United States
I meet the job requirements as described
Work among the best. We are a top 25 employer in the metro area offering a wide array of career opportunities within our organization. We have a leading reputation for patient care, medical education, research, and community service. We value and respect the talented, committed, and diverse people who make up our hospital; they are our most important strength. The hospital offers very competitive wages and an outstanding benefit package.
We currently have an opening for a Business Analyst I
* Must be able to perform the professional, clinical and or technical competencies of the assigned unit or department.
* Demonstrates accountability in delivering assigned task. Reports project issues and accomplishments to project manager. Delivers a work product that meets project requirements as defined by the scope and stays within departmental guidelines for application configuration/development.
* Analyzes and documents current and future needs and workflows through interviews and gathering data regarding regulatory requirements, operational procedures and hospital/departmental policies.
* Participates in the planning, development, implementation, maintenance, support and evaluation of clinical or business application systems as assigned. These activities may Include system design, documentation of design decisions, workflow redesign and documentation, data collection, database building, testing and troubleshooting.
* Develops relationships within relevant healthcare and business communities.
* Participates/Contributes/Takes Instructions in team and project meetings. Works closely with team/department members.
* Works effectively and efficiently as part of a team on assignments. Can work independently on some assignments. Takes direction. Under direct supervision, designs, documents, builds and modifies the complex critical applications in order to best meet the needs of the organization. Demonstrates knowledge of tools such as process flow documentation and base level project reporting
* Under direct supervision, Is able to research stakeholder requests for optimizations using various tools including vendor application resources.
* Works closely with other analysts to gain an understanding of integration between all clinical and business applications.
* Has an understanding of the various healthcare settings for business operations, the roles within those settings and workflows that support business operations.
* Certification or proficiency (with certification level score) in assigned Epic application or demonstrated learning of other assigned application must be obtained within 6 months of employment,
* Learns, develops, and maintains competency in the assigned application or technical area. Understands application impacts within the business departments and resources. Maintain certifications/proficiencies once obtained.
* Maintain an up-to-date knowledge of: current trends and issues in healthcare business practices, healthcare informatics, national and state-wide standards and regulations, enterprise policies and procedures as related to business practice, and the legal implications of business systems.
* Develops competence in the area of mentoring new analysts. Demonstrates excellent customer service skills.
* Participates and contributes in various team meetings.
* Develops understanding of project management methodologies Including planning, scope definition/documentation, timeline development, dependency consideration, staffing, project structure and statusing/issue management. Also gains understanding of project management tools, such as Eclipse, SharePoint issues lists, etc.
* Assists Application Analysts In end-user and system support including, investigation, troubleshooting, testing and resolution of reported problems.
* Contributes and participates in turnover documentation and presentations when projects are complete and handoff to other analysts for support is conducted.
* Responds to off duty calls as part of an on-call rotation.
* Develops understanding of testing concepts Including different types of testing and their objectives. Develops and executes tests scripts based on future state workflows and software enhancements/fixes.
* Is responsible for maintenance of test scripts as workflows change based on software changes or user requirements.
* Documents status and issues of testing and participates in troubleshooting and issue resolution.
* Participates in testing planning by helping identify test scripts needed, patients needed, and resources to include.
* Reviews future state workflow documentation with Trainer for curriculum development. Validates training curriculum with Trainer. May also serve as proctor during training events. Reviews training questions during training events and helps to document responses.
* Participates in communication development of optimizations by producing screen shots and explanations of new feature/function/workflow.
* Performs other related duties as assigned
* High School Diploma or equivalent required
* Associate's Degree required
* Bachelor's Degree in healthcare business operations preferred
* 3 years of experience in healthcare business operations setting preferred
* 1 year of experience as an analyst National certification in business or IT area preferred
* Certification in one Epic application preferred
* Able to verbally communicate with users, vendors and other employees in English
*** If selected to move forward in the hiring process, you will receive an email invitation to schedule your interview for this position. Please continue to check your email after you have submitted your complete application online.
To check the status of your application, please login to the Careers page and select the Application History tab ***
The University of Kansas Medical Center is committed to providing an equal opportunity for all qualified individuals to be considered for employment, benefits and conditions of employment, and to participate in or benefit from education programs and activities, regardless of race, religion, color, ethnicity, sex, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, status as a veteran, sexual orientation, marital status, parental status, gender identity, gender expression, or genetic information. A university community that provides equal opportunity for all will make significant strides towards the elimination of discrimination.
It is the mission of the Equal Opportunity Office to create a community of equality and inclusiveness that provides full and fair opportunities for all persons and to foster an intellectually and culturally diverse environment of learning and leadership where all individuals are valued, respected, and unhindered in their pursuit of excellence in their work and education.