BUSINESS ANALYST II
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/26/2016
END DATE 11/12/2016
University of Kansas Hospital
Shawnee Mission, KS
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Details
I am at least 18 years of age
I am authorized to work in the United States
I meet the job requirements as described
Work among the best. We are a top 25 employer in the metro area offering a wide array of career opportunities within our organization. We have a leading reputation for patient care, medical education, research, and community service. We value and respect the talented, committed, and diverse people who make up our hospital; they are our most important strength. The hospital offers very competitive wages and an outstanding benefit package.
We currently have an opening for a Business Analyst II.
* Assists others and participates in planning, development, implementation, maintenance, support and evaluation of clinical or business application systems as assigned. These activities may include system design, documentation of design decisions, workflow redesign and documentation, data collection, database building, testing and troubleshooting
* Certification or proficiency (with certification level score) in assigned Epic application or demonstrated learning of other assigned application must be obtained within 6 months of employment
* Learns, develops, and maintains an expert level of knowledge in an application or technical area or develops competency in more than one application or technical area.
* Is able to lead small projects and uses project management methodologies to plan, develop scope, timelines and other project requirements
* Coordinates and participates in project activities including meetings and presentations.
* Associates Degree in healthcare business operations like HIM, hospital billing etc. required.
* Bachelor Degree in healthcare business operations preferred.
* 4 years' experience in healthcare business operations setting required; 5 years preferred.
* 2 years' experience as an analyst required; 3 years preferred
* National certification in business or IT area preferred
* Certification in one Epic application preferred.
The University of Kansas Medical Center is committed to providing an equal opportunity for all qualified individuals to be considered for employment, benefits and conditions of employment, and to participate in or benefit from education programs and activities, regardless of race, religion, color, ethnicity, sex, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, status as a veteran, sexual orientation, marital status, parental status, gender identity, gender expression, or genetic information. A university community that provides equal opportunity for all will make significant strides towards the elimination of discrimination.
It is the mission of the Equal Opportunity Office to create a community of equality and inclusiveness that provides full and fair opportunities for all persons and to foster an intellectually and culturally diverse environment of learning and leadership where all individuals are valued, respected, and unhindered in their pursuit of excellence in their work and education.