This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/15/2016
END DATE 10/30/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONBusiness Process Analyst. ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:Mortgage Lending Business Analyst II
$50 pay rate
2 Month Assignment
Responsible for serving as a business analyst primarily responsible for providing analysis into various short and long-term strategic projects, and ensuring the daily execution of various processes and procedures. Work directly with the Mortgage Lending (ML) Business Delivery Manager and the ML Strategic Initiatives Delivery Manager on project management initiatives and comprehensive process reviews to ensure the line of business (LOB) is operating as effectively and efficiently as expected. Lead medium to large scale projects.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The following is a summary of the essential functions for this job. Other duties may be performed, both major and minor, which are not mentioned below. Specific activities may change from time to time.
1. Provide project management support for strategic business initiatives related to assigned ML business area. Where leading projects, manage all aspects of the project management lifecycle to drive implementation of strategic initiatives, including:
a. Coordinate with various business and technology units to define business requirements and determine specifications;
b. Support the project and funding approval processes;
c. Mediate/negotiate between impacted groups to build consensus, prioritize requests and resolve issues;
d. Manage issue/task lists and project schedules;
e. Organize testing and implementation activities;
f. Coordinate the creation of documentation, procedures and communications.
2. Systematically review components of the assigned ML processes to identify potential areas of process/system improvement based on cost/benefit analysis, client impact and/or regulatory requirement. Identify and systematize ML best practices to reduce unneeded process variation and improve service quality and efficiency.
3. Ensure that all systems and processes owned by ML are designed to establish compliance within their processes to address concerns of all federal and state regulations.
4. Keep abreast of changing regulatory rules, procedures and industry trends, and be able to understand and communicate impacts.
Required Skills and Competencies:
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Bachelor ??s degree in business-related field, or equivalent education and related training
2. Five years of experience in financial services industry
3. Track record of successfully managing large projects and programs
4. Proven ability to act as a liaison between product, operational and technical groups
5. Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal
6. Conceptual ability to analyze problems and devise solutions
7. Ability and willingness to learn and adapt as the needs of the job change
8. Demonstrated proficiency in basic computer applications, such as Microsoft Office software products
9. Ability to travel, occasionally overnight
1. Graduate of BB&T ??s Leadership Development Program
2. Banking School graduate
3. Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification and/or Six-Sigma Certification
4. Sound working knowledge of ML and holistic banking, products, services, operations, finance and systems