BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT ENGINEER
This job is no longer active. View similar jobs
The Aerospace Defense and Marine (AD&M) business of TE Connectivity are leaders in the development and engineering of a comprehensive portfolio of contactors, relays, sensors, fiber optics, wires, cables, antennas, circuit protectors and moldings for harsh environments. We have a global customer base with over 6,000 employees to deliver a broad range of solutions.
As part of the AD&M team, you will be joining a group of professionals who are passionate about ensuring the future growth of the business, whilst maintaining integrity, taking accountability, working together and continually improving to ensure constant innovation and openness to change.
RESPONSIBILITIES & QUALIFICATIONS:
Working with Rugged Fiber Optic (RFO) senior managers and TE/AD&M sales force to -
* Maintain RFO s core business with strategic RFO customer across our principle market verticals of ComAir, Mil Air, C5ISR, Land Military and Naval/Marine
* Expand sales /program opportunities for RFO targeting whole portfolio fiber optic solutions sales for RFO with its existing strategic customers.
* Identify, qualify and capture new customer opportunities and programs for RFO s whole portfolio fiber optic solutions sales.
* Develop customer quotations when needed
* Support AD&M sales organization by providing training in fiber optics technology, products and sales techniques to deliver success for RFO s strategic growth plan.
* Travel to visit with RFO s customers and prospects. Up to 40% travel is required
* Develop budgeted business development, sales and program capture plans .
* Develop and maintain close relationships with AD&M sales organization and BU business and engineering organizations.
* Conduct technical workshops and technical presentations for customers and prospects as required
* Support preparation and provide participation in conference and exhibitions to promote RFO s products and solutions.
* Help identify new strategic growth opportunities in support of RFO s business development objectives. Work with RFO s management to develop business cases and plans to support growth as appropriate.
* Help generate sales forecasts and sales budgets for RFO s senior management working with RFO s Vertical business leads and PLM s.
* Analyze competitors GTM techniques and propose GTM improvements opportunities for RFO to improve its own competitiveness.
Working with RFO s senior managers, PLM s and Vertical leads and Engineering management to-
* Analyze competitor's products and benchmark against RFO s solutions.
* Engage and work with customer and prospect s engineering teams and RFO s PLM and engineering teams at the outset of programs to ensure RFO s products are on the first generation prints
* Participate in product/solution definitions and help create solution proposals . Prepare and analyze product specifications to support.
* Analyze product gaps , service gaps and or technology gaps and develop business cases as appropriate to continuously support RFO s growth plan.
Due to ITAR compliance Must be a US Citizen or US Lawful Permanent Resident to apply.
At TE, we believe in unleashing people s potential. We have Employee Resource Groups (Women In Networking, ALIGN LGBTQ, Young Professionals, etc.) to support and promote a diverse workplace and a culture of inclusion for the development of different perspectives, styles and ideas. By doing this, we are consistently recognized by Thomson Reuters as one of the Top 100 Innovators as well as deemed one of the world s most ethical companies by Ethisphere.