Back End Java engineer, TED
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/31/2016
END DATE 11/17/2016
Mountain View, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY TEAM OVERVIEW
Do you want to be part of a team that is leading Veritas' Information Management solutions into new technology frontiers through innovation, research and advanced development?
TED enables software delivery best practices, delivery and operations of the Cloud Platform. Services developed by TED will be consumed by various product engineering groups to deliver next generation products and solutions.
The TED Team is seeking Backend / Platform and/or Full-stack Java Developers to build next generation platform features that support the Veritas cloud platform strategy. The ideal candidates will thrive in an Agile work environment requiring strong problem solving skills, clean coding, team collaboration and open communication. High standards for quality and an appetite for creating market-leading user experiences is a must.
We operate in a fully Agile development environment that gives you complete ownership for the features that you develop.
* Develop next generation features against a roadmap that supports the Veritas cloud platform strategy.
* Automate testing and maintenance of software modules to a high quality standard
* Participate in Agile development activities including sprint planning, stand-ups, retrospectives and demos
* Participate in peer reviews
* Collaborate with local and offshore co-workers
* Debug and solve complex problems either individually or within a team
* Work with your scrum team to continuously improve
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
* B.S degree in Computer Science is minimum, M.S. in Computer Science is preferred
* 1-6 years Java backend development on SPRING Framework and SQL/NoSQL databases required.
* Knowledge of AngularJS
* Experience in Agile development methodologies including unit testing and TDD (test-driven development)
* Object Oriented Design and multi-threaded application development
* Experience with Python and other scripting languages
* Experience developing RESTful web services
* Working knowledge of delivering into cloud based environments using standard CI/CD tools (Jenkins, Artifactory, Spinnaker, SonarQube) and best practices
* Knowledge of cloud IaaS/PaaS and Microservices design a plus
* Experience with continuous software delivery model is a plus
* Scrum Master or Scrum Team participation experience is a plus
* Outstanding problem solving and organizational skills
* Experience working with geographically distributed engineering teams
* Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
* Continuously looks for ways to improve and sets a very high bar in terms of quality.
Veritas is an equal opportunity employer
Veritas is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, status as an individual with a disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance (FCO), we will also consider for employment qualified individuals with arrest and conviction records.
EEO is the Law. Applicants and employees of Veritas Technologies LLC are protected under Federal law from discrimination. Click here to find out more.